“Bad stay in room 214”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway
Ranked #28 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Cherping smoke alarm, broken thermostat, leaking kitchen sink at turn on handle, bad smell in the room. As the room got cold because of dropping temp outside the heat adjust on the wall was broke off, on the second evening of my stay the smoke alarm was indicating a low battery

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank WSD2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I sincerely apologize that you encountered several maintenance issues during your recent stay. In response to your feedback, I am reviewing each of these with our maintenance staff so that we resolve them in a timely manner. As well, I will be working with them to ensure that our procedures improve, making our guests stay's better moving forward.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your comments. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at pno@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I stayed here when my brother was a patient at the Baylor Heart Hospital. Easy to find and amazingly easy access to the hospital (on foot!). Plenty of room, but not fancy. My room didn't have a clock, but the price I paid was darn good. Friendly help and assistance. I'd stay there under the same or similar circumstances.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank cobra427sc
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay at our hotel. I am so pleased to hear that you appreciated the actions of my staff and that our hotel met your expectations. We value our relationship with the Baylor Heart Hospital and hope all works well for your family member.

Thank you again for your review. I will share it with our employees and we look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed August 4, 2013

A great place to stay for long term. Clean, comfortable and the staff is very nice and attentive. The rooms look older but the whole place is quiet and roomy for this type of hotel. I was impressed with how friendly the staff is. There is a workout room and I worked almost every morning and always had the place to myself.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank usguys2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay with us. I particularly appreciate your comments about our staff's friendliness and attentiveness to your needs. We are happy that you found our workout room to be an inviting and quiet area.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

This hotel is excellent for me. It's economical. They also provide some cup cakes, coffee,and teas for simple breakfast. I will definitely stay again if I have chances to have a trip here. The only disadvantage is that there are not too many landmarks nearby.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Cheng-Yang H
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you have been enjoying your visit with us and that we have exceeded your expectations so far ! Our staff may be of assistance should you have time to visit any area landmarks and attractions. We have local maps and directions available at the Front Desk. And should you need anything additional, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your review.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have been in this hotel for 5 days now (21 to go) and we can't stand it. The rooms stink like orange scented spray (to try to cover up the lingering smoke odor no doubt), the beds are hard as cardboard and the queen suite room is so hot (because the bed is separated from the rest of the room with a wall but no AC unit in there). I would never recommend this place to anyone nor would I ever come back here. The staff is really helpful though, that's the only positive about this hotel, they have helped us a few times with some issues. Overall, unless you're only staying a couple nights and need a cheap place to crash, don't come here.

Room Tip: Any room you get assigned will smell like smoke - regardless if the room itself is non-smoking.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank 451saraht

Hi Sarah,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am pleased to hear the staff has been pleasant and responsive. However, I am sorry to hear about the room concerns you have. We do work continuously to control cooking odors and smoke odors in our building given the fact that each room has a full kitchen and we have recently been using a new orange-scented spray. We will discontinue using this product in your room for the remainder of your stay. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

I would love the opportunity to improve the quality of the duration of your stay. I hope that you will contact me directly, at pno@extendedstay.com, so we can discuss this further. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

The staff was very professional, helpful and friendly. The rooms are a studio suite with a double bed, couch, kitchenette, dining bar/work desk. In as it is intended for extended stays, there is not daily room service and the linens are changed weekly, unless you do so yourself. It was a good value for the money.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mike P
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review and I'm thrilled that our staff was very professional during your stay.

Once again, thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Feel free to contact me at PNO@extendedstay.com should you have any further comments or questions.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

My stay was for a month due to relocation. In a very nice location close to shopping. The hotel had excellent service very professional and friendly. Nice at home feel with all the amenities of free WiFi and a nice grab and go breakfast in an excellent area of town.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Michelle M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2013

Michelle - Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations and offer you a "home away from home" while you were with us. I will share your kind comments with our staff. We look forward to being of service to you in the future, should your travel plans bring you back to our area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Plano
Regency Star Inn
Regency Star Inn
#34 of 46 in Plano
Magnuson Hotel Park Suites
TownePlace Suites Dallas Plano
Candlewood Suites Plano-Frisco
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Plano West
Extended Stay America - Dallas - Farmers Branch

Been to Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway? Share your experiences!