Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway
Ranked #33 of 44 Hotels in Plano
Dallas, Texas
“great stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2013

A great place to stay for long term. Clean, comfortable and the staff is very nice and attentive. The rooms look older but the whole place is quiet and roomy for this type of hotel. I was impressed with how friendly the staff is. There is a workout room and I worked almost every morning and always had the place to myself.

2 Thank usguys2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that we were able to meet your expectations during your stay with us. I particularly appreciate your comments about our staff's friendliness and attentiveness to your needs. We are happy that you found our workout room to be an inviting and quiet area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hsinchu, Taiwan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

This hotel is excellent for me. It's economical. They also provide some cup cakes, coffee,and teas for simple breakfast. I will definitely stay again if I have chances to have a trip here. The only disadvantage is that there are not too many landmarks nearby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Cheng-Yang H
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm glad that you have been enjoying your visit with us and that we have exceeded your expectations so far ! Our staff may be of assistance should you have time to visit any area landmarks and attractions. We have local maps and directions available at the Front Desk. And should you need anything additional, please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you again for your review.
McKinney, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have been in this hotel for 5 days now (21 to go) and we can't stand it. The rooms stink like orange scented spray (to try to cover up the lingering smoke odor no doubt), the beds are hard as cardboard and the queen suite room is so hot (because the bed is separated from the rest of the room with a wall but no AC unit in there). I would never recommend this place to anyone nor would I ever come back here. The staff is really helpful though, that's the only positive about this hotel, they have helped us a few times with some issues. Overall, unless you're only staying a couple nights and need a cheap place to crash, don't come here.

Room Tip: Any room you get assigned will smell like smoke - regardless if the room itself is non-smoking.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sarah T
Hi Sarah,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am pleased to hear the staff has been pleasant and responsive. However, I am sorry to hear about the room concerns you have. We do work continuously to control cooking odors and smoke odors in our building given the fact that each room has a full kitchen and we have recently been using a new orange-scented spray. We will discontinue using this product in your room for the remainder of your stay. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

I would love the opportunity to improve the quality of the duration of your stay. I hope that you will contact me directly, at pno@extendedstay.com, so we can discuss this further. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013

The staff was very professional, helpful and friendly. The rooms are a studio suite with a double bed, couch, kitchenette, dining bar/work desk. In as it is intended for extended stays, there is not daily room service and the linens are changed weekly, unless you do so yourself. It was a good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike P
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review and I'm thrilled that our staff was very professional during your stay.

Once again, thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Feel free to contact me at PNO@extendedstay.com should you have any further comments or questions.
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

My stay was for a month due to relocation. In a very nice location close to shopping. The hotel had excellent service very professional and friendly. Nice at home feel with all the amenities of free WiFi and a nice grab and go breakfast in an excellent area of town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Michelle M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Michelle - Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations and offer you a "home away from home" while you were with us. I will share your kind comments with our staff. We look forward to being of service to you in the future, should your travel plans bring you back to our area.
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

the services are very good,Ilike the room, the locattion and the people work here are nice. I have good stay and confortable. But the room not really clean.我邀请你视频,但无人the services are very good,Ilike the room, the locattion and the people work here are nice. I have good stay and confortable. But the room not really clean.我邀请你视频,但无人the services are very good,Ilike the room, the locattion and the people work here are nice. I have good stay and confortable. But the room not really clean.我邀请你视频,但无人the services are very good,Ilike the room, the locattion and the people work here are nice. I have good stay and confortable. But the room not really clean.我邀请你视频,但无人

Murphy, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here for 21 days due to a relocation of my job from Missouri to Texas. The stay was tolerable and the staff were OK. The main issue was the room, it badly needs updated. The carpet is past end of life, the bed was noisy and uncomfortable, the kitchen area is old and the electric outlet did not work, rendering the toaster useless. The WATER, buy bottled, just wow. It smelt like when you open up the back of an old toilet. I am guessing the plumbing here is OLD. The water is not drinkable. We did not use the pool, as we were not really comfortable with the cleanliness. The breakfast was grab and go, pre-packaged items, fruit, and some average coffee. TV channels bare-bones and the WiFi is free for SLOW speeds. You have to pay for 3 MB down, or you get the free SLOW internet. At least it was something though...
Overall, if you need to stay somewhere and you get a killer deal on Price-line like we did, this will work. I would never stay here again though.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose the one-bedroom, if you decide to take the adventure.
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JB7997
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the age of our hotel affected your stay. We strive to answer any guest issue as quickly as possible, and I have checked with our front desk team to see if any of the issues you encountered were registered for our follow-up. Unfortunately, we do not show a work order regarding an electrical outlet not functioning properly in a kitchen area. I regret that we did not have the opportunity to address your concerns and make things right during the 21 days you stayed with us. As well, while we did have an issue with our free WiFi earlier this month, we have had it replaced.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at pno@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.