Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway
Ranked #31 of 45 Hotels in Plano
McKinney, Texas
“Never again”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

We have been in this hotel for 5 days now (21 to go) and we can't stand it. The rooms stink like orange scented spray (to try to cover up the lingering smoke odor no doubt), the beds are hard as cardboard and the queen suite room is so hot (because the bed is separated from the rest of the room with a wall but no AC unit in there). I would never recommend this place to anyone nor would I ever come back here. The staff is really helpful though, that's the only positive about this hotel, they have helped us a few times with some issues. Overall, unless you're only staying a couple nights and need a cheap place to crash, don't come here.

Room Tip: Any room you get assigned will smell like smoke - regardless if the room itself is non-smoking.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank 451saraht
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Hi Sarah,

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I am pleased to hear the staff has been pleasant and responsive. However, I am sorry to hear about the room concerns you have. We do work continuously to control cooking odors and smoke odors in our building given the fact that each room has a full kitchen and we have recently been using a new orange-scented spray. We will discontinue using this product in your room for the remainder of your stay. I appreciate you bringing this to our attention.

I would love the opportunity to improve the quality of the duration of your stay. I hope that you will contact me directly, at pno@extendedstay.com, so we can discuss this further. Thank you again for bringing this to our attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Anchorage, Alaska
Reviewed July 27, 2013

The staff was very professional, helpful and friendly. The rooms are a studio suite with a double bed, couch, kitchenette, dining bar/work desk. In as it is intended for extended stays, there is not daily room service and the linens are changed weekly, unless you do so yourself. It was a good value for the money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Mike P
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review and I'm thrilled that our staff was very professional during your stay.

Once again, thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future! Feel free to contact me at PNO@extendedstay.com should you have any further comments or questions.
Plano, Texas
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My stay was for a month due to relocation. In a very nice location close to shopping. The hotel had excellent service very professional and friendly. Nice at home feel with all the amenities of free WiFi and a nice grab and go breakfast in an excellent area of town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Michelle M
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Michelle - Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. I am glad we were able to exceed your expectations and offer you a "home away from home" while you were with us. I will share your kind comments with our staff. We look forward to being of service to you in the future, should your travel plans bring you back to our area.
Plano, Texas
Reviewed June 26, 2013

the services are very good,Ilike the room, the locattion and the people work here are nice. I have good stay and confortable. But the room not really clean.我邀请你视频,但无人the services are very good,Ilike the room, the locattion and the people work here are nice. I have good stay and confortable. But the room not really clean.我邀请你视频,但无人the services are very good,Ilike the room, the locattion and the people work here are nice. I have good stay and confortable. But the room not really clean.我邀请你视频,但无人the services are very good,Ilike the room, the locattion and the people work here are nice. I have good stay and confortable. But the room not really clean.我邀请你视频,但无人

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Murphy, Texas
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here for 21 days due to a relocation of my job from Missouri to Texas. The stay was tolerable and the staff were OK. The main issue was the room, it badly needs updated. The carpet is past end of life, the bed was noisy and uncomfortable, the kitchen area is old and the electric outlet did not work, rendering the toaster useless. The WATER, buy bottled, just wow. It smelt like when you open up the back of an old toilet. I am guessing the plumbing here is OLD. The water is not drinkable. We did not use the pool, as we were not really comfortable with the cleanliness. The breakfast was grab and go, pre-packaged items, fruit, and some average coffee. TV channels bare-bones and the WiFi is free for SLOW speeds. You have to pay for 3 MB down, or you get the free SLOW internet. At least it was something though...
Overall, if you need to stay somewhere and you get a killer deal on Price-line like we did, this will work. I would never stay here again though.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose the one-bedroom, if you decide to take the adventure.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JB7997
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the age of our hotel affected your stay. We strive to answer any guest issue as quickly as possible, and I have checked with our front desk team to see if any of the issues you encountered were registered for our follow-up. Unfortunately, we do not show a work order regarding an electrical outlet not functioning properly in a kitchen area. I regret that we did not have the opportunity to address your concerns and make things right during the 21 days you stayed with us. As well, while we did have an issue with our free WiFi earlier this month, we have had it replaced.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at pno@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel is an excellent stay for the price. The staff, especially Ms. Kim, was very attentive, friendly, and professional. They provided free internet service, so completing business at the end of the day was not a problem. Close to shopping center with a wide variety of shops and restaurants. I would definitely recommend this to business travelers who want amenities at a decent price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It is wonderful to hear that Kim provided GREAT service. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Wow, i have no idea where the good ratings came from unless the manager has their staff writing them. This hotel is discusting. Hair all over, showers that looked like they've never been scrubbed, paper thin sheets, hard beds. This place makes a European hostel look like the Ritz. Avoid at all costs! I don't say that about many places, but this place is horrible. If forced to stay here by your company as i was, i suggest bringing cleaning wipes, your own soap, shower slippers & a sleeping bag. This place either has no maids to clean or needs to fire the entire houskeeping staff. In case you didn't hear me before, DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel all together
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FSUPilot
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I received a copy of your review and wanted to personally respond. The room conditions that you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience.
To make sure this doesn't happen again, my team is going to have a staff meeting in your room to review your comments. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me at gwalter@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you are in town.
Gary Walter