“Needs major updates and deep cleaning.”

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway
Ranked #31 of 45 Hotels in Plano
Murphy, Texas
“Needs major updates and deep cleaning.”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here for 21 days due to a relocation of my job from Missouri to Texas. The stay was tolerable and the staff were OK. The main issue was the room, it badly needs updated. The carpet is past end of life, the bed was noisy and uncomfortable, the kitchen area is old and the electric outlet did not work, rendering the toaster useless. The WATER, buy bottled, just wow. It smelt like when you open up the back of an old toilet. I am guessing the plumbing here is OLD. The water is not drinkable. We did not use the pool, as we were not really comfortable with the cleanliness. The breakfast was grab and go, pre-packaged items, fruit, and some average coffee. TV channels bare-bones and the WiFi is free for SLOW speeds. You have to pay for 3 MB down, or you get the free SLOW internet. At least it was something though...
Overall, if you need to stay somewhere and you get a killer deal on Price-line like we did, this will work. I would never stay here again though.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose the one-bedroom, if you decide to take the adventure.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank JB7997
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that the age of our hotel affected your stay. We strive to answer any guest issue as quickly as possible, and I have checked with our front desk team to see if any of the issues you encountered were registered for our follow-up. Unfortunately, we do not show a work order regarding an electrical outlet not functioning properly in a kitchen area. I regret that we did not have the opportunity to address your concerns and make things right during the 21 days you stayed with us. As well, while we did have an issue with our free WiFi earlier this month, we have had it replaced.

Thank you again for providing us with your feedback. I hope that you will contact me directly, at pno@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This hotel is an excellent stay for the price. The staff, especially Ms. Kim, was very attentive, friendly, and professional. They provided free internet service, so completing business at the end of the day was not a problem. Close to shopping center with a wide variety of shops and restaurants. I would definitely recommend this to business travelers who want amenities at a decent price.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It is wonderful to hear that Kim provided GREAT service. Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Wow, i have no idea where the good ratings came from unless the manager has their staff writing them. This hotel is discusting. Hair all over, showers that looked like they've never been scrubbed, paper thin sheets, hard beds. This place makes a European hostel look like the Ritz. Avoid at all costs! I don't say that about many places, but this place is horrible. If forced to stay here by your company as i was, i suggest bringing cleaning wipes, your own soap, shower slippers & a sleeping bag. This place either has no maids to clean or needs to fire the entire houskeeping staff. In case you didn't hear me before, DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel all together
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank FSUPilot
DFWCC, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
I received a copy of your review and wanted to personally respond. The room conditions that you described are unacceptable, and I sincerely apologize for your experience.
To make sure this doesn't happen again, my team is going to have a staff meeting in your room to review your comments. If you would like to discuss this further, please contact me at gwalter@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you are in town.
Gary Walter
Area Manager
Plano, Texas, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2012

This has to rate as one of the best places I have stayed. The staff from the janitor to the manager is great and very helpful. They have made us feel like we are at home with family. The rooms and grounds are well maintained. The location is within easy walk of restaurants and other services in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Marshall Nancy W
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this review, September 11, 2012

Reviewed September 2, 2012

This is a nice and safe place to stay.. clean as well. the staff is good and the manager here is very kind and helpful they work hard to make you feel like your are at home. I have told people about this place and would always come back to stay.

• Stayed December 2011
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay at our hotel. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

Reviewed June 2, 2012

The location is the only terrible thing about this hotel. The rooms were spotless the manager was very sweet and the staff was very helpful. Ladeena the manager was very professional very friendly and so sweet. I would stay at this hotel and recommend it to friends based on her alone. Melissa was also very sweet. The whole hotel had a very friendly homey type feel to it that made my stay amazing. Everyone should stay here. I will not only recommend this hotel but the whole hotel chain.

• Stayed March 2012
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Studio Suites-Plano Parkway. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

I love this place!! The manager is so sweet. But the lady that works mornings is so rude. She started my mornings off all wrong. She never smiles. But everyone else was great!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Studio Suites- Dallas Plano Parkway. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.