“Best people around (most of em)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway
Ranked #33 of 44 Hotels in Plano
“Best people around (most of em)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

That place is really pretty cool. We had a great time hanging out by the pool with everyone. We stayed there last year and it hasn't changed a bit. Still the coolest peeps and everyone goes out of there way to help ya out. Well everyone but the old lady that works the reception area she is so rude but other than that it was just great. I loved my room this time right by the back door easy in and out. The old couple that stay there r so fun. Some of da same peeps r still there from the last time I was there. I usually hate staying at hotels but I always look forward to going back and hitting this one up.

• Stayed April 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Plano Parkway, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Studio Suites- Dallas Plano Parkway. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Las Vegas, Nv
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

This is the third time I've stayed at this hotel. I will always be back when I come to the area. The staff are always there with a big smile, welcoming you there. They are very friendly with the kids. I've never had a problem here. I did stay at the Homestead off of Dallas North Tollway, and they were filled with drug dealers and prostitutes. This one is not like that.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Studio Suites- Dallas Plano Parkway. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. We know that our largest asset is our loyal base of customers like you, which is why we are so firmly committed to your satisfaction. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Plano
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2012

no matter how little you pay to stay at this place, you will be overpaying. room and bathroom are dirty; obviously no dusting or cleaning has been done in a long time. furniture, kitchen, coffee maker, bathtub have not been cleaned in a long time or only had a feeble cleaning effort. yes, the roaches just love it (only killed about 6 in the past two days). weekly maid service should actually be referred to as 'weakly maid service'. they maintain the outside appearance of the hotel but that is only a facade. $2 per laundry or dryer load. breakfast area is stale bagels, oily muffins, granny smith apples and weak coffee.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Fred J
Houmt Souk, Tunisia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2011

This place is ridiculous. First of all, the walls are paper thin...I could literally hear my neighbor cough. Secondly, the staff are idiots...they falsely accused me of being a prostitute (because *of course* that could be the only reason a female stays in a hotel) ::rolls eyes:: and they are literally incompetent. Several different staff members on several occasions sent me back and forth from my door to the front desk over 20 times because THEY couldn't get my key card to work...and they acted like it was MY fault!! Housekeeping is shady as well...they act all ghetto and I'm pretty sure they try to steal things while they're cleaning because I noticed some *interesting items* on the maid cart. This place is nowhere near worth $55.00 a night...really not even $5.00 a night. LOOK ELSEWHERE!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank 1187636Justsayin
Seneca, SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2010

Clean Rooms, Price was low, The staff was extra nice. It was a good location. Like it had a full kitchen.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank jarvis29676f
Dallas, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2010

I am by no means a picky traveler. I know the value of a dollar and I'm usually quite happy with the hotels at which I choose to stay. With that being said, if you have the choice to do so, run away from this establishment as fast as your feet will carry you.

From the outside, the hotel looks decent. In fact, it looks more like a house/apartment complex than a hotel. That's pretty much where the positives end, though.

Once you get inside and see the hallways and rooms, you'll see just how run down and old this place is. This hotel is in dire need of a major renovation, and quickly.

I had the misfortune of booking this hotel for an extended stay. In the first ten days here, I've had countless problems, listed below.

-We found bugs in our room, some dead and some alive. We actually had to go out and purchase Raid spray to feel better about staying in the room. (Ironically, as other travelers have noted, the bed comforter has images of insects woven in. Did nobody see the faulty logic in this?)

-The bed comforter also had cigarette burns. Keep in mind, this is in a non-smoking room. The headboard is dotted with holes. The only saving grace about this place is that I actually slept comfortably on the bed, despite worrying about getting bit all night.

-Everything about the room is filthy and old. The carpet needs to be ripped up. The couch (probably purchased in the 80s) has large rips and tears. It's so dirty that I felt unsafe even sitting on the couch, much less sleeping on it.

-The walls need to be painted. There were blood stains of some kind on the walls in the bedroom. On the kitchen walls were cobwebs.

-The stovetop, microwave, dishwasher and dishes were absolutely filthy. What are the maids getting paid for, exactly?

-Speaking of maids, we have not yet seen a visit from them. Upon check-in, the receptionist asked us which day we'd like our housekeeping (you get one housekeeping visit per week) and I said Wednesday. Wednesday came and went, and no maid came. I told the front desk, and they said the maids would come on Monday. Monday came and went, and no maids again.

-What's better yet about this situation is that the front desk receptionist was rude about this entire situation. We were told if we ever needed towels, all we had to do was ask. Well, we asked, and were badgered with questions about housekeeping. It's as if they didn't believe me that the maids never showed up. One of the workers even suggested I put up my privacy tag when I know for a fact that I did not. Before getting towels, they made us go back to our room on the other side of the building and carry our towels to the front to exchange them. Again I ask, what exactly are the maids getting paid for? Management, if you read this review, look into this establishment.

-The bathroom floor is sticky and dirty. On top of that, the shower is ridden with stray hairs of strangers. The tub is so disgusting that there are literal black footprints on the tub floor. How dirty does one have to be to leave a permanent black footprint like that? It's beyond me.

-The curtains are old, dirty and heavy. I didn't even feel safe opening them since we were on the first floor and anyone walking or driving by would be able to look in and see valuables.

-The area is okay, but not the greatest. There is an IHOP nearby but not much else. Only 3 places I know of deliver to this hotel, (Jason's Deli, Pizza Hut and Domino's) so if you're looking for variety, you're much better off staying in Addison.

-The people at this hotel are sketchy as hell. On more than one occasion, I was made uncomfortable by fellow guests. There was a couple in the front lobby that stared at me for approximately half an hour and spoke in their native tongue. The worst case was when this mentally unstable man with a cane followed me to see which room I was in, and proceeded to knock on my door and wait several moments before walking away. Where is the security in this hotel? Oh yeah, there is none.

-You'd better stay in your room from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m., since there is no one at the front desk between those hours.

-The internet was the absolute worst I've ever seen. I'm not exaggerating when I say that the internet timed out at least once every five minutes. If you plan on using an instant messaging service, or any type of access that requires a stable connection, be prepared to be disappointed. They also have the NERVE to charge you $5 per stay for internet. They should be paying me to deal with their horrible internet service.

-The gym is lackluster at best, with only three machines. It faces the parking lot on the first floor, with open blinds. Enjoy having people watch you work out.

-The toilet is broken and runs constantly. Nobody cares to fix it.

-Their "breakfast" consisted of bagels, rotten oranges and green apples. That's it. Nothing else. It was a total joke.

-The way the air conditioning is designed, it will be too cold in the main living area, and very warm in the separate bedroom.

-The weird bathroom door slides instead of closes shut. I never go the lock to work during my stay.

-Be prepared to pay $5 to wash and dry one load of laundry in their facilities. Also be prepared to use quarters every time. I'm not sure who exactly brings $10 in quarters (what it will cost you to do laundry once a week, for a two week stay), but Homestead Suites on West Plano Parkway expects you to. There is no machine to make change in the laundry room, and the person at the front desk said she couldn't make change from a $5 bill.

-The TVs are oldschool Zeniths, without any kind of hookups for playing video games, etc. Also, the TVs default to turn on to static stations at a loud volume. We found that out the hard way at night. Also, no basic channels like MTV.

-There isn't even an alarm clock in the bedroom. If you want to know the time, you'll need to get up to check the microwave (that you have to set) or have your cell phone nearby.

-The people above you literally STOMP around upstairs at all hours of the night. You can hear everything.

-The side doors at the hotel are not locked. People do not need a room key to enter these back entrances, which is a real security threat for people-- especially women or children-- and especially after 11 p.m. when there is no one on duty at the hotel.

All of these problems have occurred within the first half of my trip. I'm sure we will have many more problems before my time here is up.

The bottom line: This hotel is just NOT worth it. There are so many hotels in the area, don't settle for this one-- especially for an extended stay.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank TRRR
Navasota,Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2010

The staff treats you like family , if there is a concern or problem the reaction and timing is swift . You always see a warm smile , a happy face and very attentive front desk . I definitely left a piece of my heart and soul behind when I had to leave . This was my home away from home , and the staff definitely my adopted family .

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business