“Feel at home!”

Hyatt Place Dallas/Plano
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed November 10, 2013

I stayed in Hyatt Place Dallas/Plano in early November for two days because of a meeting nearby.

It is my second time to stay in a Hyatt Place property. The last time was a Hyatt Place near Atlanta Airport. For both the previous stay and this current stay, I do feel at home for my stay. I found that for the room layout, it's exactly the same in both properties - which make me feel very much at home. The room is large - and with good partition for the bed and the study. The bed is comfortable and the Wi-Fi connectivity, which is free for all guests, is reasonably fast!

There is a complimentary breakfast daily in which there are 2 or 3 hot dishes (like burgers, french toasts), and a few cold dishes (like fruits, yogurt). There is actually a 24/7 gallery menu in which one can also order a "better" hot breakfast. I did have a quick lunch with my colleague by buying a ham-cheese sandwich and a chicken salad from the gallery menu. Though they taste good, it's expensive - it's about 20 bucks! Alternatively, one would find a number of restaurants (including a subway, and a steakhouse) in walking distance.

There is a small exercise room at the lobby level in which there are 4 cardiac equipments. The treadmill is in great form and I do enjoy a great run. It would be good, however, if there are some weight equipments there. There is also a pool that I do not use. Keeping in mind this is a Hyatt Place property rather than a Hyatt Regency property, I do think the sports facilities are impressive.

Lastly, the Staff is nice and cheerful - and both the check-in and the check-out are efficient.

Room Tip: I am assigned to stay at Room 625. I have the same comment with one of the previous reviewers that...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I almost don't want to write a good review, because I want to keep this all to myself! The rooms are so nice, and I love the large seating area! Very nice complimentary breakfast, and the hotel employees are always very nice and helpful. And it's a great location! Just ask to stay away from the freeway side - it can be noisy since it's so close. The shuttle service is a real plus! And it's great being right next to Saltgrass Restaurant and other nearby places, including a grocery store and cinema.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The company I work for has an office in Plano. I've stayed at a few hotels in the area and this one is the best I've stayed at. Nice lobby, good free breakfast, they have a bar, pool, and shuttle. The rooms are very nice. Would definitely recemend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel and rooms were clean, nice and large. Close to Restaurants and shopping. Very pleasant staff. Would stay here again. The food available for sale was good and the prices were fair. My husband and I are walkers and we walked to some nice restaurants for every meal. Enjoyed that very much.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2013

We enjoyed our 6th floor rooms away from the expressway. Quit, beds very nice and comfy. My mother also stayed in another room and enjoyed it. Towels were soft. It was very clean. Nice to have a sink in the room other than the bathroom sink. The toilet and shower were separate from the sink area. Very nice & easy to put on make up or take off while someone was in the other.

Nice seating area to watch TV not have to stay on the bed for that.

Breakfast was hot and very good oat meal. We enjoyed it.

Tom Thumb within walking distance. Nice area with eating place with in walking distance.

Some shade to park under durning the day.

Great place to stay and we had a good rate also through Hyatt.

Room Tip: The rooms we had were 625 a king bed and 619. They were facing away from the East sun we slept in an...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have stayed at this property many times and I normally LOVE it. Unfortunately, this stay was very disappointing. Our room was located across from an ice machine that was in need of repair. It actually sounded as if someone was playing a game of table tennis in the hallway. We brougth this to the manager's attention and she assured us that maintenace would fix the ice machine; they did not.
The front desk also decided it would be a good idea to call our room at 1:30 am to confirm another guest in our party who was checking in to a different room! It's really not a good idea to wake someone at that hour unless it's an emergency. This was very frustrating not only because of the fact that we had an unexpected 1:30 am wake up call, but that we left instructions with the front desk regarding our other party and their late check-in.
The manager was very apologetic about this and we appreciated her offer to make us a feel a little better about this.
I will say that I have liked this place so much on my other stays that I will probably give them a chance to redeem themselves.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the ice machine
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Amy B
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Hyatt Place is a quait little hotel just off the DallasTollway in Plano. The service is excellent, the staff is friendly and attentive. The complimentary breakfast bar was very good. Food was fresh and hot and tasty. The rooms are large and comfortable with kitchenettes and wide screen televisions. There was no road noise even though it's situated off a very busy highway. Close to shopping, and reasonably close to downtown. I didn't have the opportunity to use the pool, but it looked very nice. Overall, had a very enjoyable stay

Room Tip: AAA rate is $89, which I thought was very reasonable. Ask for directions around the area that don...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends