Hyatt Place Dallas/Plano
Red Roof Inn(Carrollton)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
View Hotel
All reviewssaltgrass steakhousetom thumbliving areawet barwithin walking distancegreat roomroom was spaciousfront desk personnelbagelsaverage hotelchecking infresh fruittoll roadlocation is greatstaying at this hotelcomplimentary breakfastnice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My room was bad where there were hairs in my bed sheets, the fridge did not work and when I asked in the morning for them to fix it and when I returned around 3pm, not only was it not fixed but my room wasn't even clean yet and I left at 8am!

They said that they hire outside help to clean rooms and were short staffed and that there was no matinence to fix my fridge. My hallway had dirty dishes outside rooms from the morning and a huge bag full of trash in front of the elevator.

Beware of this hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I have never done what I am about to do....Write a review for somewhere I did not stay. I am staying at another hotel very close (I will see if this hotel corrects the problems before I name them). My hotel did not have a business center (I was told by a third-party booking agency that it did), and ....the swimming pool was closed. IT IS 100 in DALLAS!!!! Luckily for me, the staff made me feel like I was staying there, even going so far as to allow me to use their pool, and have access to their business center. Autumn even tried to switch reservations for me. Thank you Hyatt Place !!!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2012

As suburban hotels go, the Hyatt Place in Plano (Dallas) is actually pretty good. The rooms are spacious and well-laid-out. It is nearly double the size of a typical hotel room at a large US hotel chain. My room had a partitioned living-room with a large L-shaped sofa, small desk and minibar with fridge. It would have been nice if the minibar was stocked, but in suburbia that may be asking for too much. The other portion of the room contained the beds, bathroom and closet. Granite counters, large flat-screen TV, numerous wall plugs and free wifi with good signal were nice touches and very welcome. Negative aspects of the room included a too-small closet, and a wall-mounted AC with an industrial fan which was located right beside one of the beds. There was no way a person could have comfortably slept the night with the fan blowing directly across the bed. Being wall mounted, the fan also brought in outside air and thus the room was perpetually humid. Finally the color choices of the room were very 80ish, with yellowish carpets, walls and furniture -- suburgatory chic? Although I did not use the gym, my colleagues said there were a limited number of rudimentary machines that did the job. I have to say I was very impressed with the friendly and helpful staff. The lobby doubled as the dining area, with partitioned seating areas with tables, sofas and comfortable chairs. The lobby bar is tiny but they had a decent selection of spirits and wines -- and is open to midnight. Outside dining is expectedly limited, with a Salt Grass Steakhouse across the parking lot and a Starbucks a short walk away. I believe they had a shuttle that ran with a 3 mile radius of the hotel. So taken in context, the Hyatt Place is actually a good option in the Plano area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bmarkhasin
Reviewed May 16, 2012

My first choice when working in Plano, TX.

Hotel is a blend of Embassy Suites and Aloft...ONLY BETTER! I was greeted with not one but two FDA's at 11:00 on a Sunday!

Room was spacious - love the corner couch set up - clean and modern. Had everything I would want/need. The only exception was hand/body lotion. Not sure if missed or not part of the set up. Technology hub was is excellent addition and located perfectly close to desk/tv.

Comp breakfast was great for me. Not a big breakfast eater so fruit, cereal and egg dish was perfect. While not of the ES caliber, a close second.

Location is convenient to all the big HQ's in Plano and there is a good steak house, mall and other dining shopping within walking distance.

I was blown away to find out this property is almost 20 years old. It looks/feels brand new.

As a hotel owner and 25 year corp business traveler, I love when I can give props to a great hotel and wonderful staff. Keep up the good work Hyatt Place, Plano!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from Dallas Parkway and closer to Parkwood. Higher floors and away from elevator would always be my choice.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank 60isthenew40
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place. The room was very large. The breakfast was OK, and the location was on the interstate. What made the hotel great for me was the staff. They were very friendly and worked very hard to make everyone happy. I didn't have a car and I appreciated the fact that the shuttle was available to drive my group anywhere within a 5 mile radius until 10 PM.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business