“Property is "ok"”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Plano West
Ranked #13 of 46 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is an older hotel that has been renovated. They have done a pretty good job. We stayed for two nights when the hotel was nearly empty. Yet for somereason we were right.next.door. to a group that partied all night long. It was a weekend, and we didn't go to bed until 1am, so we didn't think it would be a big deal. Surely they would go to sleep eventually? They were in and out (door slamming) all night. Why not spread your guests out.

Also, the breakfast was disappointing. The reviews on trip advisor said it was a great continental breakfast. If you want a carb-fest, it was fine. There were breads and cereals and muffins and biscuits. No eggs, no meat. And the only fruit was a banana. I made due with a banana and peanut butter on day one and we went out (spent more $) on day two. I stay at a lot of hotels, and most decent places realize that there are people who eat healthy and like a little protein with breakfast.

It wasn't horrible, but there are better places to stay in Plano.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank patterson_6

Springfield, Illinois
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This hotel was easy to find, easy to get to other locations, great shopping in the area. The area is clean and safe. Also it is close to family in Plano. The grounds are lovely and in warmer months the pool area would be a great spot to spend time.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 23, 2013

Stayes here last month. The front desk clerk was extremely nice and helpful. Greeted us when we walked in even though she was helping someone else. Cleanliness of the hotel is excellent. I stayed at a hotel in Vegas in October that was supposed to be high end and this hotel was a lot better. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2013
Tyler, Texas
Reviewed December 23, 2013

For the traveler looking for great value, and a clean modern hotel this is the place to stay. I found the staff very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were large, clean, and well maintained. The continental breakfast was very good. When I need to stay in Plano again this will be my first choice.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Arlington, Texas, USA
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The best LaQuinta hotel I've ever stayed at! The staff is so friendly and helpful. It felt like I was staying with family. Whenever I have to stay overnight in Plano, LaQuinta Plano West is where I'm going!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Houston
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My trip was pertaining to Business/Leisure . I totally recommend this hotel, the service all around was phenomenal. I am very pleased with LaQuinta Inn & Suites. The presentation was also very great and the internet speed amazing as well. I will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I stayed at the La Quinta Inn & Suites in Plano last week, training for a new job. My company booked the hotel for me. I have never stayed in a La Quinta before. The hotel was modern and updated. I found the room to be clean and neat. The beds were very comfortable--not too firm. The pillows were also comfortable with a selection of down and poly-filled. Unlike more expensive hotels, high-speed internet was free. I streamed a movie on HBO Go with no problem on my iPad. Continental breakfast was also complimentary til 9 in the morning. The coffee could be better but I did enjoy the waffle bar. My only complaint would be that the water pressure in the shower was not that great. That's really the only thing holding me back from 5 starts. Other than that, the location was also very convenient to shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: Request a room away from service areas like the ice room or the elevator for a quieter experience.