“Nice, clean place!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas Plano West
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Plano
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Hotel is very well kept. Rooms were very clean. Pillows and bed very comfortable.

The A/C in the first room we were in had a broken air conditioner. The friendly guy at the front desk quickly remedied that by moving us into the room next door, and gave us a credit. Very pleased.

Only thing that would have made it better was more television channels. We had our 3 yr old with us and there was no childrens channels.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 20, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed September 17, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We booked this hotel because of the positive reviews in a pet friendly environment. Several so-called pet friendly hotels wanted an additional $50 to $75 non refundable deposit for my 12 pound shih tzu to room with us. La Quinta charges no additional fees.
We stayed in a King Suite...very nice room, modern, clean and quite roomy. Our only complaint was we had no hot water in the shower in the morning. If we had hot water I would have rated this 5 stars instead of 4.
The staff was friendly and helpful and the morning breakfast was fresh and tasty. There was a pool and spa that looked clean and inviting but we did not have time to enjoy it. They also had a nice fitness room.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 3, 2013

Purchased last minute room on hotwire. I was not sure how this hotel would be, but the staff at the desk gave me a very warm welcome and genuinely wanted to make sure that I was going to be happy during my stay. The room was clean, nicely decorated, and the beds were comfortable. I slept in, so I do not know how the breakfast was. I was able to sleep in, so that must say something about how quiet the room was.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank TNJtraveler111
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This hotel has been updated and remodeled. Our room was wonderful - especially the bed. Full size pillows and towels. Very comfortable with a large computer workstation, plus flat screen television. The breakfast is basic, but I-Hop is right across the parking lot, and Denny's (a very good one) is diagonally across the street.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2013

I made reservations intending to stay from 08/27/13 through 08/31/13 (Folio# 0968142915). On Wednesday we left the room around 8:30AM and went about our business. We returned to the hotel (and to our room) around 8:00PM, to find the room exactly as we had left it. When we called the front desk to inform the person our room had not been cleaned during the day or the beds made and that no fresh towels had been dropped off, we were informed that it is the hotel's policy the rooms are only cleaned while the guest is present and sounding rather surprised with the excuse, informed the lady on the phone that it was our first time to hear of such a policy and that it did not make sense that guests should make their plans around the hotel's housekeeping schedule. Then she told us we must have left the "do not disturb sign on the door" (which we did not) and surprisingly, she simply hung up the phone. (I understand the calls arerecorded and can be played back for corroboration) When I proceeded to the front desk, I asked the lady why she hung up on the phone and she quickly retorted defensively with a high voice, "You don't need to speak me as if a child" I let the comment pass and simply requested that our room be cleaned and fresh towels be delivered and her response was that nothing could be done whereupon another lady showed up and the both went behind the wall where I could hear the telephone conversation being replayed as I stood waiting for some resolution. The second lady reappeared after a couple of minutes and simply handed me some towels, soap and shampoo. Needless to say we did not stay until that Saturday as planned. I assure you, after meeting the lady that confronted me (while simply trying to voice a complaint) you will understand why this guest no longer felt comfortable (or safe) in this particular la Quinta.

Room Tip: Any other La Quinta until the front desk is repopulated with professional managers.