“Old hotel. Small rooms and beds. Semi-clean.”

Motel 6 Dallas - Plano - Southeast
Ranked #38 of 45 Hotels in Plano
Tulsa
“Old hotel. Small rooms and beds. Semi-clean.”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

This is an older La Quinta. Not the cleanest hotel but not terrible. Gaps under the doors. Tubs were dirty. Beds were small but comfortable for one person. Noisy guests in the common area made it difficult to sleep. Price is kinda high for a hotel this old. Would stay here again only as a last resort.

Room Tip: There is a new Furr's cafeteria next door that is great. Always busy. Denny's is right in th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank ItMattersToMe

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Mabelvale, Arkansas, USA
Reviewed June 25, 2012

La Quinta Plano has a good price and a few extras that I really like.

First, the breakfast saved us a lot of time and money. It had belgian waffles that you cook yourself, as well as muffins, bread, oatmeal, yogurt, bananas, apples, corn flakes, raisin bran, and froot loops. A unique item was boiled eggs that you can eat as they are, or make egg sandwiches. Drinks were hot chocolate, milk, orange juice, and apple juice.

Another thing we really enjoyed was the pool and picnic table area with umbrellas. We sat out every night and some mornings and read. I also sat out with my tablet to work for a couple of hours during my stay. That's another plus: the wireless internet was very fast.

There are definitely fancier hotels, but for less than $60 per night, I feel good about the value I got for my money.

The staff was very pleasant and helpful also. We encountered a small issue with our door handle, which was fixed within 30 minutes of reporting it. Then, when I checked out, I was informed they were crediting my LaQuinta Returns account with some bonus points toward another stay just because I'd encountered the minor issue. That was a nice suprise and makes me think this hotel is really about pleasing the guest.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family

2 Thank Bruce M
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed May 31, 2012

The rooms are very clean.the service was the best(I never felt like a bother).Nothing at all wrong with room.The price was great(I have stayed at higher places and this place was just as good and half the price,thank you LaQuinta in dallas/plano,it was a great weekend :)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Texarkana, Texas
Reviewed May 20, 2012

I have stayed here at least 20 times in the last 2 years. This is an older motel style (room door to outside) La Quinta. I have seen a lot of changes and understand many conflicting reviews. Number 1 quality of this location is the staff! When I make last minute reservation during a busy time I have seen the rooms that are a little more worn than the others. I prefer the king with fridge and microwave, seems they were first on list for the newer carpet, drapes, comforter and all minor wear/tear updated.

Positives... Nice helpful Staff, "never out of items" breakfast, clean pool, most usually quiet area, Denny's next door, NEW flat screen large HD TVs, now has multiple outlet adapters for phone charging/laptop connection, free speedy reliable wi-fi, free tech support when laptop is having trouble connecting (usually my end), feel safe walking dog at night most of the time (visitor types do change.. noted below), room is usually very clean and fresh smelling, dark out drapes and really comfy bed!!

Negatives... New staff members should not be left to run things alone too soon, breakfast not on low carb diet (except boiled eggs), such a good rate that budget doers can collect in parking, grill out and drink beer close to others rooms (not often tho), sometimes I get a room I think is on the upgrade list (needs tub, toilet, paint, ac or carpet updated).

Recently... I think the loss of a great, really hands-on, almost always there.. Manager has "moved on". Since then the rooms and exterior have not been as clean or the large groups that come along are not objected with words of quieting down or running a muck. You know those mostly teen groups (church, teams, etc) that are all excited about a venture out of town that can make the place look over run with unruly types. Seems the staff is loosing it's touch... more doggie poop, more trash about, less pretty plants, not shutting down pool time, etc.

BUT MOST RECENTLY in the last 3 stays.. Police seem to have taken on the new role of the old manager. I am a law abiding citizen, but having 6 police cars in the lot at a time made me uncomfortable and suspicious... Spoke to staff and seems nothing really bad going on beyond any other hotel (a woman having multiple visitors and too many teens running around loudly). Again I think it is because they need that Manager back or one like her.

For the price and location this is a nice and comfortable place to stay. This is not a newer place. This is not a 4 or 5 star hotel. I personally like not having to walk down a warm, stenchy hallway to get to my room at this price. I can see my car out my window. I can step outside in one second if I need to get something from my car or have a quick smoke without having a smelly 'smokers room'.

I do think that not having an ice maker on the first level is silly especially for the handicap. Please get back that Manager or get one like her soon!

Room Tip: can fit play pen in king if you move the table, most updated rooms have the fridge and microwave.. o...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank slimladyluvsdogs
Dimmitt, Texas
Reviewed March 22, 2012

As far as La Quinta's go, average. Rooms were non-smoking rooms, but could tell upon opening the door, someone had smoked in them at one time or another. Beds were okay, linens were clean. Room could have used a deep cleaning, but were okay. Breakfast was provided, but we left the hotel each morning before eating, so I can not comment on that. The vanity area does not have a door on it; when you turn the light on, it lights up the whole room.
Easy access from the interstate. Nice tv. Target nearby. I would stay here again if I returned to this area. Front desk was prompt and helpful.

Room Tip: Only two floors, ask for top floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RJones12
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This hotel was at a great location for the places we visited and restaurants near by. The morning Lady who did breakfast was so nice and had plenty of items out. The Lady Nadine who checked us in was great!!! She was the nicest person I have ever had at a Hotel she was friendly and went out of her way to help us with everything we needed. The beds were comfortable and rooms were clean and it was a quiet stay. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple