“Plano, TX” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 44 Hotels in Plano
Dimmitt, Texas
“Plano, TX”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

As far as La Quinta's go, average. Rooms were non-smoking rooms, but could tell upon opening the door, someone had smoked in them at one time or another. Beds were okay, linens were clean. Room could have used a deep cleaning, but were okay. Breakfast was provided, but we left the hotel each morning before eating, so I can not comment on that. The vanity area does not have a door on it; when you turn the light on, it lights up the whole room.
Easy access from the interstate. Nice tv. Target nearby. I would stay here again if I returned to this area. Front desk was prompt and helpful.

Room Tip: Only two floors, ask for top floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank RJones12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2012

This hotel was at a great location for the places we visited and restaurants near by. The morning Lady who did breakfast was so nice and had plenty of items out. The Lady Nadine who checked us in was great!!! She was the nicest person I have ever had at a Hotel she was friendly and went out of her way to help us with everything we needed. The beds were comfortable and rooms were clean and it was a quiet stay. I will be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Whitesboro, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

First let me say that when I checked in and out the same young lady waited on me. She was delightful, informed and just overall a pleasure. This room was great, king bed pillow top slept great. Handicap bathroom easy excess for my husband. But most inportant the room was very very clean.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

Well, I personally do not prefer staying in La Quinta unless I have to. But when I do not have any other choice, at least I know what I can expect from them and I always got it. I appreciate that standardization.
It offers an average breakfast, with plenty of fruits, cereals, bagels, cream cheese and cakes or waffles. Coffee is always good.
Staff is really helpful, they changed my room because the one I got was really noisy.
This hotel and the decor are pretty old. My room was smelling like smoke. Towels and sheets were not really clean but the bed was comfortable.
The hotel is close to highway (again as expected), has a swimming pool (which I did not use) and parking space. The highway causes significant noise in the night, so try to choose a room facing the back yard.

Room Tip: The highway causes significant noise in the night, so try to choose a room facing the back yard.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank Horizontal_Sleeper
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2011

The staff was great - friendly, very eager to help, accomodating. Breakfast was nice and the server gave us extra time when we arrived 10 minutes before closing at 9 a.m. The rooms looked fine and seemed very clean with newer carpet and comforters. The problems are due to the age of the facility, mostly. There is no elevator, so we took a ground floor room. Our room ( two double beds) was small with a very small bathroom/vanity. It was quiet and the a/c worked well. The beds were OK, though the linen, while clean and good quality, was skimmpy and easily slipped off the mattresses at the corners. There weren't sufficient electrical outlets - we could only find two - one in the vanity area and one under the desk, so charging assorted phones, a laptop, and grandson's DVD player was a challenge. We needed to use the Internet and had difficulty with the connection. The staff helped us with that, but the server was extremely slow - very frustrating.
We used the pool is a basic rectangle (though a spa was mentioned in the rules list, there was none). The pool is missing border tiles, the security gate was not safe as it did not close completely, and the water was not as clean as it should be.
If, however, you are looking for a room just to sleep in and don't need frills, this is the place for you. The price is right.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank sarosebud
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2011

Stayed here because the location seemed pretty good for my business trip. The exterior of the place wasn't all that inviting, but for the most part it was clean and no issues. This is the friendliest bunch of people I have ever encountered in my travels and that made the experience quite pleasant. Rooms were fine, clean, again, no complaints. Got my wake up call on time - a real test in my book. Breakfast was decent, beds and pillows were pretty comfy and bathroom was clean. For the money, not bad and I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business