“Favorite Sushi-Great Specials-Awesome Shrimp Tempura”
Review of Ra Sushi

Ra Sushi
Reserve with OpenTable
Ra Sushi is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 945 Restaurants in Plano
Cuisines: Sushi
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Legacy Drive & Lone Star Drive
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I love sushi, and this is my favorite Sushi place in the DFW/North Dallas area. They have both drink and FOOD happy hours so I can get some of my favorites at a discount every day. Their Spicy Ponzu Yellowtail dish is amazing and delicious. Their shrimp tempura is out of this world. The batter is so light and has a delicious buttery taste. it's literally the best shrimp tempura I've ever tasted, and I've eaten at hundreds of sushi places. The atmosphere is also lively and like a bar/club...with great music playing. It's more adult friendly, but my 10 year olds have been comfortable and also love the food. Since it's not a quiet/romantic spot, having kids with you isn't a problem. Ra Sushi is simply the best!

Reviewed February 5, 2013

RA Sushi is one of my favorite sushi places in the Plano area. The sushi is consistently good, and the happy hour prices are great! The service is usually good. Sometimes it gets very busy, and once it took us an hour and a half to get our sushi, but overall I would definitely recommend it!

Reviewed January 13, 2013

RA is usually a solid sushi restaurant with a great happy hour. The only issue is that it is a very popular happy hour venue and service can slip during that time. Out of that one bad experience, all of my other experiences at RA have been great. They have a great happy hour menu for food and drinks, and their normal menu is great as well. A little expensive, but still worth it; food is delicious and atmosphere is fun and moving.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

RA Sushi at Plano is definitely one of the best Sushi places for all ages in this area. For the more dinner/sit down crowd they have a spacious dining area. For the more younger crowd they have an excellent bar/patio area where the party goes on till late on the weekends.
The quality of the sushi is impeccable in the entire area. I am a Sushi lover & gauge a sushi restaurant not only by the taste but also the freshness of the meat. When I ordered Salmon Roe (Salmon eggs) here, I was surprised to have the freshest Salmon Roe I'd had in a very long time !!!
The servers are excellent & very courteous & friendly...pls tip well !!!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I went to this restaurant with a couple of friends and my husband for my birthday. It was pretty full when we got in last Saturday night at 7:30 pm, but there were still some tables open. The hostess told us that we had a wait of 45 minutes, which was no problem because we sat at the bar and had a couple of drinks. After 1 hour and 20 minutes passed by we went to hostess to ask what was going on and she told us that she had forgotten to put us on the list, Oops! We were starving by this point so my husband went to complain with the manager.

The manager at this time did a great job of getting us a table w/i 10 minutes and then offered some free appetizers. After this point both the waiter and the manager took amazing care of us so we really ended up enjoying our night! Kudos to the service at Ra! Thing are bound to happen when a restaurant is very crowded, what makes a great restaurant is the way they fix the problem. We will definitely be back, because the food is also great!

Been to Ra Sushi? Share your experiences!