“Not like other Leal's”

Leal's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 53 Restaurants in Plainview
Cuisines: Southwestern, Mexican
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We ate as a family on a thursday night, the service was slow, although they were not busy, tables were not bussed, and food quality was horrible. would not reccommend this location- but other Leal's are awesome!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Average Mexican food - nothing stood out as particularly good or particularly bad. Seemed like a great work environment, because we were seated right by the kitchen and you could see that the staff were all happy and relaxed and friendly with each other - I'd rather eat somewhere like that than a place where everyone was stressed out and irritated. Our waitress was super friendly, prompt and helpful.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

Try the special chile relleno. It is crispy and served over shredded brisket. Muy Beuno!!!

Reviewed June 10, 2012

Lunch here was very busy so I was happy I arrived early.
My meal was quite good but not memorable.
Service was excellent.
Like a previous reviewer said, the food is not bad but uneventful.
Thank-you.

Reviewed October 11, 2011

I carried out around 7 pm. they were pretty busy.. the counter person asked if I needed plastic ware...always ask that if you're doing a carry out or just assume it and include it.. (I hate when I get the carry out to a park or someplace where I'm going to eat it and they don't include plastic ware).

So service was very good.
Food.....only OK ish...it would fall somewhere around a 6 out of 10. not bad, not great.