“Small Town Hospitality”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Plainview
Somewhere in Texas
“Small Town Hospitality”
Reviewed October 7, 2011

I arrived in Plainview without a hotel reservation although I had checked some room rates on the. I have stayed at two other name brand hotels in Plainview and decided to try the Holiday Inn because of the
convenient location and the photos on the internet...the room looked lighter. This was a good
decision. Upon arriving I found that the rates available were not quite as good as the Holiday Inn
website. I mentioned this to Crystal and she gave me a card to use the business center to book the
lower rate. She was efficient and customer oriented. I found the room to be large and it had every
amenity I could possibly need. Refrigerator, microwave, flat screen tv, nice toiletries, etc. The
breakfast was much better than the Best Western where I stayed in July. Holiday Inn Express offered
sausage, pancakes, eggs, muffins, coffee, juice, etc. My other contact was with a young man in
nice Italian shoes and he was kind enough to help me with a computer problem in the business center.
Every other contact I had was very positive..housekeeping (met in the hallway) and the ladies
replenishing the breakfast items. You will love the small town hospitality!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Paula O

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed August 19, 2011

The staff at this hotel understand that friendly is part of the West Texas mantra, and they were. We did not really utilize the breakfast because of the plans for our stay, but the breakfast area was roomy and nice. Likewise, with the king bed, was very roomy and all in very nice condition. It is, of course, a fairly new property, but it is also obviously being cared for nicely.

One small problem...neither our GPS nor Google maps found the right location, so make sure you know it is on the west side of the interstate, near Wal-Mart, etc. You can actually access it easily from a road leading off the main street, Hwy 70.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
Reviewed August 11, 2011

The staff was very friendly and helpful! For a Holiday Inn Express it was just average and appeared to have been renovated and still had some cosmetic issues. The beds were comfortable, the AC worked well and not very loud. I would stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We stayed one night at this Holiday Inn Express. We had made reservations prior to our arrival and had requested a King room. Being somewhat experienced travelers, we always request a room far from the elevators, ice machine and road noise. Krystal checked us in and was very accommodating in trying to find a room that met our requests. The phone was ringing off the wall, other guests were waiting to check in and she was so cool and calm while handling the phone and the checkin. Great job!
We found the room to be very clean, the bathroom clean and well stocked with fresh towels and toiletries. We were very pleased with every aspect of the hotel..........except for one.
We went down for breakfast about 8:00 a.m. and found that the breakfast area was not replenished. No sausage, eggs, gravy or biscuits to be found. Another guest advised that they had been told by the breakfast staff that more was being brought out. However, she indicated that they had been waiting for some time. There was cold cereal, yogurts, pastries and bread for toasting. There was a pancake machine (being repaired) and a juice machine that only partially worked (one orange juice spigot served only watered down juice). Finally the eggs and sausage arrived, but we were ready to leave by that time. With the exception of the breakfast, everything else was great.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Round Rock, Texas
Reviewed January 6, 2011

Check-in lady was wonderful! Enjoyed the goodie bags and bottled water. Slept comfortably. Room was remodeled and standard, but had some cosmetic imperfections. Too expensive for the location and amenities. Enjoyed the fresh pancakes for breakfast.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank JoyceWR
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed October 7, 2010

We got this hotel last minute on hotwire while driving through Texas on our way to Austin. I was glad we didn't pay full price for it because it was an older hotel that had been "poorly remodeled." We've stayed in lots of Holiday Inn Expresses (including ones that have been remodeled and brand new ones), and this one just wasn't that great. The bathtub faucet was old and rusty, and the wallpaper was peeling.

I did like that they had free water bottles setting out by the front desk even though it was late at night. We didn't get to try the breakfast because we left before it started in the morning, so I can't comment on that. The staff seemed very friendly, and check-in was easy.

Overall, it's a pretty convenient place to stay if you're passing through, but don't pay full price for it.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Lubbock, Texas
Reviewed June 13, 2010

I will forever and always stay at the Holiday Inn Express in Plainview. I was treated like royalty from the time I walked in the door until I checked out. I have never been made to feel such at home as I did here. The breakfast was great and I was greeted with a smile from every employee staffed. I will be seeing them on my return visit.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo