“Extremely clean lake area”

Ray Roberts Lake State Park
More attraction details
Owner description: Scenic park great for camping, hiking, swimming and fishing.
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Worth the entrance fee to have a clean area to swim in and relax. We saw employees picking up trash frequently (people shouldn't litter!)
It was nice to pack a picnic lunch and enjoy it.
Restrooms were clean, as well as camp sites.
People need to take notice that no glass is permitted. We picked a broken bottle out of the lake, and luckily no one was injured.
I like the "no alcohol" rule also. There's a time and a place, and not around the kids!

2  Thank tahoequeen21
in 4 reviews
"saw deer"
"lake view"
in 3 reviews
"plenty of picnic tables"
"fishing pond"
"wild plum"
in 4 reviews
"ranger rick"
"bike riding"
"nice lake"
"light pollution"

Reviewed July 6, 2013

My family and I use to camp at RR state parks all the time. The park police harrassment is not a big problem with us because we abide by the rules. However the park system has turned into a place for people in the metroplex to bring there pets and let them run freely all over the park. It still blows my mind how pet owners are so irresponsible and the Park Rangers will do little or nothing about it. I complained about a dog that barked all night and they made them leave the next morning.However I got no sleep and spent the rest of the day napping instead of spending time with my family. If you break out A beer the rangers will be on you like flies. or CAST your fishing line into some restricted area. Pets running through campsites without a lease peeing on everything, its just too much work trying to police idiots for us to have fun. So we just dont camp anymore in the State Parks, plus they keep raising the price to compensate for there overspending and I am assuming corruption like most other state run facilities. We only visit late in the evenings when everyone and there dogs have left and watch the sun set. Its a shame you can not experience a good time there over night anymore.

5  Thank Brian B
Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is our go-to park for camping! It is so nice, clean & quiet. Give me a break all you people griping about the park rangers! We have found them to be nothing short of courteous and professional. The park rules CLEARLY state no alcohol. So not sure why anyone would throw a fit when they are asked to pour theirs out. This park is peaceful and beautiful. We will continue to frequent it for years to come!

4  Thank HayleyMOM
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Contrary to the claims of out of control park rangers, we experienced no such occurrence. I think groups of folks looking to party and drink after 10pm at the Isle Du Bois branch will see stricter enforcement of state park rules than maybe other state parks. I saw the rangers patrolling but not excessively. That being said, we were a group of 5, 2 adults and 3 kids. I may or may not have had some beer during our trip to Isle De Bois. But no one would ever have known if I had because I would not have displayed it and it would have been kept very low key. We were quiet after 10pm and never bothered.
I did not like how crowded the sandy beach swimming area was. Way too many folks. Isle De Bois did not have a marina. You had to go across the Lake to rent the only two kayaks at Ray Roberts Marina, and had to use them around the marina. The Camp site was very nice and shaded. There was a lantern hanger, fire pit, picnic table and decent trails to the lake. Isle De Bois is a decent quiet shaded state park. Nothing more nothing less.
It is a decent quiet shady state park

3  Thank cloud8a