“My new favorite in McAllen Area”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites -- Pharr
Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Pharr
Houston, Texas
“My new favorite in McAllen Area”
Reviewed June 15, 2008

I travel to Mc Allen / Brownsville one to two times per month. I hav been staying at the Hilton Garden Inn, but due to the promotions for points at the Priority Club brands, I have moved my business. I like this location enough that I will continue to stay here. I was here for three nights on business.

Overall this Holiday Inn Express is at the top of its game. Breakfast and lobby area are nicer than most, staff is always attentive, breakfast is typical Holiday Inn Express (eggs, biscuts, bacon, omlettes, hard boiled eggs, yougard, breads, pasteries, juice, coffee.) The rooms are always nice, crisp, and clean. The workout room is acceptable, though nothing special.

They have a small evening reception week days, with popcorn, pretzles, wine, beer, and lemonade / tea.

The location is a centeral easy drive to most business activities in Mc Allenand is located in a small trucking / retail area. If you have a car, there is dining nearby, though without a car there is not much in walking distance other than the a BBQ joint and fast food. Lots of dining choices 2 miles west on 83.

The outdoor pool is average, (but looks out on a truck yard) and they do have a real business center, though they ran out of toner on the two printers while I was there.

The rooms are quiet, dark, and well appointed.

For its location in Pharr, I will stay here again.

• Liked — Nice Rooms
  • Disliked — Printers out of toner
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed March 4, 2007

The HIE in Pharr is clean and conviently located. I stay there on all of my business trips to McAllen/Pharr/Edinburg area.

• Liked — The clean rooms and internet access.
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
NC
Reviewed June 25, 2006

I stayed at the HIE in Pharr in late May and was really happy to have found this hotel. I travel to the McAllen area once a month and have tried several hotels in the area and the Holiday Inn Express in Pharr was great--the best I've found for a business trip. The room was comfortable. The staff was helpful. The evening snack was welcome after a long hot day. Breakfast the next morning was ready when advertised and plentiful. I'll definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank familyjohnston
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 27, 2005

My family including my in-laws just stayed 2 nights at the HIE in Pharr, TX. The hotel is located just off of a main highway and is close to McAllen, TX and the border town of Reynosa, Mexico. All of us enjoyed our stay at this hotel and would definitely stay there again and look forward to doing so next year when we go back for a family wedding. The hotel is small but very modern and very clean. The staff does a great job about keeping the place up and making sure that you are comfortable. There is a pool which we did not check out (too cold) and there is a complimentary breakfast for every guest. Parking is free and is not coverd but it is secured (actual, live security guard) so that made us feel very safe especially with leaving our brand new vehicle outside of the hotel. The linens were fresh and so was the smell of our room. Breakfast is nice. It's different every day and if you dont want that, there are restaurants including a Burger King and a Rudy's BarBQ (best corn in the world !) place that are walking distance. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone with family or just as a quick get away with the spouse!

• Stayed December 2005
3 Thank txact
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pharr
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 12 in Pharr
Hampton Inn & Suites Pharr
DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel McAllen
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pharr - Rio Grande Valley
La Quinta Inn & Suites Pharr- Hwy 281
Best Western Plus Edinburg Inn & Suites

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites -- Pharr? Share your experiences!