“Stay away from this place!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mexican, American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Pflugerville, Texas
“Stay away from this place!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

This place is completely nasty. Bad food, bad service and bad atmosphere; and they do overcharge for things that other (better) restaurants give you for free. They recycle unused salsa and queso from customer's tables. Chances are the stuff on your table was leftover from a previous diner, complete with germs from a double-dipper and a four-year-old who put their snot covered finger in the queso. Run as fast as you can from here!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Jessica R

Austin, Texas
“Stay Away! They will sneak things on your bill!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2012

We were actually going to try out the Tequila Grill in Pflugerville but they were closed for maintenance, so we decided to give Camino Real a try. My husband is a Mexican food fiend and can eat it every day! Since we're new to the area, we were looking for just the place where can start going regularly.

Our server was really nice and went out of his way to make us comfortable. The good news stops there. The food took a long time to come. We were so hungry, we ate way too much of the chips and salsa they bring to the table. We ordered a queso appetizer, but they brought it with the meal instead of ahead of time to snack on. The food was serviceable; fine, but nothing exciting. There was NO sour cream on any plate and only a tiny sprinkling of cheese. Come on, it's Mexican food! Are you really holding out on the sour cream and cheese?

Because we ate our meal at the same time, we didn't eat much of the queso. Right before we left I asked if we could get a re-fill on the chips and a to-go bag for our queso and the chips. The manager then came to the table and asked if we wanted to have a small or large order of "to-go chips" put on our tab! I was floored! They were actually asking us to pay twice for food that was already on our table!!

I set the food back on the table and told her to take it off the tab immediately. We left the food there and went to pay. I found they had also added a charge for the extra sour cream I requested with my meal!

We will never set food in this restaurant again. And we eat Mexican two to four times a week! We've been sure to tell all our family, friends and co-workers to stay away. I'm also posting this on Facebook, Yelp, Google, Trip Advisor and on my blog. I'm spreading the bad word-of-mouth as far as I can. Hope it was worth a few chips, Camino Real.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank daisy6671
pflugerville
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, good service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2011

I hate to see the bad reviews on here because I really like this place. Salsa is very good, mexican martinis are the one reason to go there alone. The service has always been friendly. The restaurant is a little run down itself but it wouldn't keep me from going there. Love the enchiladas!

Visited October 2011
1 Thank amber12345_11
Pflugerville
“Good food, Great service...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2011

I have lived in Pflugerville for 5 years went to this establishment for the first time last night. The service was great, thanks Margaritte! The fajitas were very good and the drinks were also. I will be back!

• Visited August 2011
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Will never go back EVER!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2011

It was the worst service, horrible food and outrageously priced!!!!!! I hope they close down they r so horrible!!!

1 Thank nita504