“I thought they were kidding, BUT....”
Review of Taco Miendo

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Taco Miendo
Ranked #75 of 126 Restaurants in Pflugerville
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Are you kidding me? Pulling into a Shell Gas Station and filling up both my car tank and my tummy with delicious food?

I was surprised when I realized the coupon for the restaurant we had was inside a Shell gas station here in Pflugerville, Texas! Food is food and I'm game for anything so I thought I'd give it a try.

WOW! In a city where decent Mexican food is a rarity, 'the food was awesome! And that's an understatement!

So it's obviously not the most plush dining (they have only one table for 4 inside the gas station lobby), but the food was original and absolutely delicious! I had the special of the day which was called "Torta Mixta" for the bargain price of $5.99 plus tax. This yummy concoction consisted of Alpastor (specially flavored pork), chicken, mayo, lettuce, beans, cheese, tomato, cilantro, avocado and sour cream". It was served on delicious wheat bread and was one of the most flavorful things I've had in a long time. They also serve breakfast tacos and specialty plates throughout the day and it's served with a genuine smile and "Thank you." You will note that none of the special features like scenic view or reservation are checked. This is just one of those little secrets that are there...you just have to try it once and you'll be hooked and you can always get it to go.

The owner, Nicholas Lopez, said they also do catering and banquets, but they don't show up with a bunch of pre-cooked food in aluminum pans. Everything takes place at your place.

So get past the location and treat yourself to some of the most delicious, mouth-watering and creative meals you'll ever have. Taco-Miendo is not to be missed!

1  Thank jjsnork