“great catfish”

Springhill Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 126 Restaurants in Pflugerville
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Reviewed March 26, 2012

When we want catfish, this is where we go. They have a great lunch buffet, too. Good food, reasonable prices. old Texas atmosphere.

Reviewed February 1, 2012

I am sorry, but a sit down restaurant where you have to eat with plastic silverware? Food is average at best.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

I live near Springhill, so I have been here multiple times. The service is usually good and the folks are friendly. Everyone I've been with at Springhill loves the food. The folks I go with usually get catfish dinners or chicken fried steaks.
I find the batter/seasoning to be too spicy for me. Clearly, I'm the odd one though.
Most folks really do enjoy Springhill which is why we go back.

Reviewed April 17, 2011

This 4-star rating is only for the food. If you're looking for a fancy-smancy place, this isn't it. Being at Springhill is just like sitting down in Mom or Grandma's kitchen. Their Deep Fried Mushrooms are the best ever. Period. Their specialty is the Catfish dinner, and with the three piece one you get all kinds of side dishes to choose from including corn, deep-fried okra, the totally yummy mushrooms, texas toast, french fries, onion rings or beans. You also get a couple of hush puppies, which I usually don't waste my time with. The glasses of soda are huge, and since everything is served on styrofoam, it's easy to take leftover home and believe me...there will be leftovers. Their serving proportions are what keeps us returning, that and the taste of the good ol' country food. They have a delicious buffet with fried chicken, fish and lots of goodies to choose from. I've never had it but it's a big seller. There are vintage signs, photo's and other goodies around the restaurant and it's got a nice, cozy feel to it. It's not far off I-35 north of Austin in Pflugerville, Texas.

2  Thank jjsnork
Reviewed October 31, 2010

Wonderful food and great service. Will return frequently. The lunch buffet was especially good.