“Love this place!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Taste of Ethiopia
Ranked #2 of 115 Restaurants in Pflugerville
Cuisines: African, Ethiopian
Good for: Families with children
Description: Owner's name is Woinee Mariam. Great owner and great restaurant!
Burnet
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

I cannot believe I have not left this review before now. We go here for lots of special occassions. It is a nice, quiet, out of the way spot. Great for anniversarys because you eat with your fingers and can feed each other as you stare deeply into each others eyes. Our family likes it too! We enjoy talking with owner and employees, who are mostly family. The food is Incredible. We love all the flavors. It is slightly spicy but does not leave you burning. We eat mostly vegetarian and they have a platter that is for 2 we love. It is full of lentils, split peas, eggplant, collards, etc. If you eat vegan, they will leave out butter and feta. They have lamb, goat, beef, and chicken for the meat eaters. They have a flat bread made with Teff flour that leaves you craving more. Do not miss the vegetarian lunch buffet. Even if you are a meat eater, you will enjoy it!

Austin,TX
“Awesome restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Family owned restaurant with great food and service. Much better than I expected and will definitely be going back. If you don't know what to order, we didn't, just ask. The waitress was very helpful in helping us decide on what to order. And the owner, herself came by to talk to us. A really great experience. Hard to find great, well run restaurants these days.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
San Antonio
“The unfortunate side effect is that you'll crave it later”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

I worked with an Ethiopian woman who said other than her kitchen, the best and most authentic Ethiopian food was at Taste of Ethiopia in Pflugerville. Sadly, I live in San Antonio which means that under the best of circumstances we'd be driving an hour and a half. That said, I was so excited to realize that I was going to a concert at the new Cedar Park Center - a 15 minute drive from the restaurant.

We had our two vegan neighbors and my meat-loving husband. The neighbors weren't especially familiar with Ethiopian but my husband and I lived in DC and miss the food a lot. We ordered the vegetarian combo and it was phenomenal: eggplant in a spicy sauce, yellow split peas, a cabbage/potato in tumeric mixture, green beans, lentils, a small salad and the best collard greens I've ever eaten in my life. We were in veggie heaven.

The owner is fabulous. When my husband asked her about the meat dishes, she brought him a small sample. Wow- it was so flavorful- it's the Ethiopian spice that tastes like cardamum and cinnamon and something else. Delish.

One neighbor had the spiced tea and she said it was very good- it was a chilly night. I had a glass of wine which was fine and the men stuck with beer.

We ate in the patio area- it's big enough that it looks like it could hold a number of people. The inside of the restaurant is rather small. They do take-out as the gentleman in front of us when we arrived was leaving with a number of bags in his hand (and a big grin!)

All in all, it was a fabulous meal. We told the owner to PLEASE come to San Antonio and set up shop. I hope she does because in the meantime, I'm going to have to find reasons to get to the north side of Austin.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
Houston, Texas
“A Great Find in Pflugerville, Texas.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

An unexpected find in Pflugerville, Texas. We were pleasantly surprised by this international find in Texas barbeque country. We went for the lunch buffet and tried everything on the table. Nothing disappointed! The fried cauliflower was perfection, eggplant dish was sublime, and the post lunch coffee was presented in an authentic Ethiopian fashion. We're looking forward to our second visit!

1 Thank jcw0312
Pflugerville, Texas
“Always feel welcome!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

I love going to Taste of Ethiopia, it has officially become my family's go to Ethiopian restaurant when we aren't cooking ethiopian food at home, Ms. Woenie and her family as well as staff are always inviting and caring, great service as well as great food!

Visited February 2013