“Warm reception and delicious food”
Review of Taste of Ethiopia

Taste of Ethiopia
Ranked #2 of 117 Restaurants in Pflugerville
Cuisines: Ethiopian
Description: Owner's name is Woinee Mariam. Great owner and great restaurant!
Description: Owner's name is Woinee Mariam. Great owner and great restaurant!
Keller, Texas
“Warm reception and delicious food”
Reviewed April 21, 2012

This restaurant is a gem. We had dinner here with our two small children. I couldn't tell you the names of what we ordered because we went on recommendations of the staff. The appetizer was like a cross between an empanada and a samosa and was DELICIOUS. I had their house iced tea based on our waiter's recommendation and it was fantastic. The main courses were served family style, we had a beef dish and a lamb dish served with sides of red lentils, fresh cottage cheese, cabbage, spinach and tomatoes. I had a hard time with the rip and dip concept of eating where you don't use utensils, but a special type of flat bread to pick up your food, but the food was good regardless. My kids both had excellent hamburgers which the waiter expedited because our kids were hungry and antsy they also enjoyed the bread and vegetables that came with our meal. The owner visited all the tables and chatted. My kids found her african style outfit enchanting. When we left, she asked my three year old son if he enjoyed his food and he told her "it was the best meal I ever had" and I'm pretty sure he meant it. We will be back for sure next time we're in the area.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank GuideVerte

Austin, TX
“Awesome!”
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I have eaten here on many occasions, and I am always delighted by the wonderful textures, colors, aromas, variety. and seasonings. This is a gastronomic experience. I am a lacto-ovo vegetarian, and the entire buffet with the exception of one item is all vegetarian. With advance notice, they've also prepare vegan and gluten-free for me. Friendly, family-run operation. Ask to sit in their sun room--it's quiet and perfect for business lunches.

• Visited February 2012
Pflugerville, Texas
“Authentically delicious”
Reviewed December 27, 2011

Great interior with fantastic owners as the staff most the time. I believe their food is even better than Esther's on 1-35. And their lunch buffet for under $10 is worth it - especially if you've never had Ethiopian and you want to try the different dishes.

Dover, New Hampshire
“Recommended by a friend, and worth the detour”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

A friend recommended this place, and I'm glad I took the recommendation. The food and service were both very good. I stopped for the mid-day buffet, most everyone else there were clearly regulars, that's a sign of a good and consistent experience. I'll be back.

• Visited August 2011
San Antonio, TX
“Must Try”
Reviewed July 12, 2011

This place is worth taking a trip. The food is excellent, and if you are not familiar with Ethiopian food or customs, not to worry, the owner is friendly and helpful. Great experience and ambiance.