“Exceptionally Clean, Great Staff!!”

Best Western Swiss Clock Inn
Ranked #6 of 17 Hotels in Pecos
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Older American family owned motel that is taken care of exceptionally well. Housekeepers are very attentive, as is the front desk staff. Although close to the highway, rooms are very quiet. Try not to get a room on the back of the hotel where the 18 wheelers park,

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We were surprised how much hotels where in Pecos, TX. We only needed a room for the night as we drove cross country. Trip Advisor reviews helped us select this hotel which we paid $94 with a AAA discount. The room came with full breakfast included and free internet. We checked in fine, and were happy to find out all rooms are on the ground floor. You are able to park right in front of your room so unloading the car was easy. The room had a refrigerator, microwave and nice flat screen TV. I especially liked the Easy Clean remote they use in the rooms. This type of remote is better able to be cleaned by housekeeping, which is much appreciated by me. The room had coffee maker and everything we needed. Beds were excellent. When we first walked in there was a slight weird/damp odor but once we got the air on, the smell faded. The only downside was that we were given a room next to a dirt road, so when we got up in the morning, our car was completely covered with a light dust so thick our gray car looked white. But once we got on the road, the dust blew off and we were good to go.
The breakfast was great and the staff were very nice. Nice rest stop for us on our long road trip. The best thing was that offered a guest laundry room with FREE use of washer/dryers. You just had to supply your own soap. Very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the center of the hotel, behind the restaurant. Stay away from the side with the...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lisaviva
Reviewed June 24, 2012

There is not much to Pecos Texas...it seems like there were more motels than restaurants, so we didn't know what to expect with the room. Check in was quick and easy and the room was nice. Certainly not the nicest place we've ever stayed, but a clean, somewhat spacious room. It is all on one level and the doors open to the outside. The fitness facility was one of the nicest I've ever seen with what seemed to be brand new equipment.

The breakfast the next morning was awesome.

And I got a free shower cap!

Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 3, 2012

The Swiss Clock Inn gave us a much needed restful night's sleep after a long days drive and a breakfast that started out day out right! I've stayed at this hotel many times and always find it comfortable and clean, and more recently up-to-date! We thought the location was perfect, right off the interstate, it was convenient! My girls usually enjoy the outdoor pool, I love that they accept pets, and my husband was happy with the value. It was a win, win for my family. I'd recommend it, completely, and plan on staying there the next time I pass through Pecos or West Texas!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2012

This is one of those old fashioned single story motels that used to be the standard everywhere. It has everything you'd want for a nice stopover. It's a long way between places with any amenities out in West Texas and the Swiss Clock Inn is very nice discovery. I know that "big box" motels are fashionable these days, but I like being able to park my truck right outside the door. The pool is outside (how crazy is that) and right across from your room and is surrounded by more green grass and trees than you'll probably find in any one spot in the county. Yeah, the place is older, but it's been completely renovated. The rooms are large and clean, the beds are first class, the TV's are flat, and the towels are big, fluffy and many. The restaurant here is full service. "Free, Hot Breakfast" here is not rubber omelet things with see-through tofurkey bacon and last week's bagels. You will get a free REAL breakfast buffet with your stay (eggs to order if you choose). This is no doubt the best place to eat for miles around. The restaurant was completely remodeled last year and the folks in the kitchen CAN cook. The lunch buffet is excellent (comfort food city) and the regular menu has at least a dozen things you'll like a lot.The BLT is a meal for two and I thought my last T-bone was a Porterhouse. The salad bar is very good and I think someone's grandma makes the soup. Pets are welcome, but if someone had had a dog in my room before me, I couldn't tell. The staff really tries hard to please and everyone has done a great job of rising above the mediocrity to which so many hotels in small towns have succumbed. I am in Pecos a lot and there are at least four other "nicer" (translate - name brand) hotels in which I could stay, but this is my favorite. Don't need a cart for my stuff. No elevators or long halls. Good toilet paper. Internet works. Nice folks. What else do you need? I asked why there's a motel in West Texas called the Swiss Clock Inn and it's because it's owned and operated by a German family that evidently has pretty good sense of humor.

Jeff S.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jeff s
Reviewed April 30, 2012

I Love the Swiss Clock Inn. This is the only Place I stay when I am traveling on my way to Ruidosio. The staff is always great, and I love that there is always something new done to the property each year I;m there. There are a lot of new properties in Pecos but I enjoy the layout of this hotel, it just has a great atmosphere. The rooms (at least the ones I've seen) have been updated recently and they look realy good. Beakfast is 1st class, pretty much anything the kitchen can cook is included with the room. I met the owners last time I was there and they seem realy nice.

Room Tip: Rooms by courtyard are bigger.
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed April 27, 2012

We stopped at this Best Western b/c they take pets and it is ½ way to Tucson from Dallas. I guess we were lucky to get a room as it seems that they are always full (we usually stop in Van Horn). We were pleasantly surprised to find that they actually have pet rooms that are remodeled, nonsmoking, and clean. We are used to getting pet rooms that are old and worn out. They also had treats and toys for our poodle which was also unexpected. In the room they had bowls for food and water, and a doggy bed. There were lots of grassy areas in the courtyard to walk the dog (Yes grass around a hotel). The staff was very friendly. My only complaint was that the pool was closed for remodel. The kids would have been bored to death if it had not been for the park next door. The best thing about the hotel is the restaurant. Dinner salad bar was awesome, we were able to get a glass of wine (although the selection is very small), breakfast was best I ever had (don’t miss the Apricot Pastry), and it was included with room. The pet fee was $15 which is about average, but a bargain with all the extras they give. We will make the Swiss Clock a regular stop from here on!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family