“Exceptionally friendly staff! Lots of water toys for the pool made for a family-friendly stay!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos
Ranked #4 of 17 Hotels in Pecos
Fredericksburg, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2014

We stayed here to avoid high-priced hotels in Carlsbad. Best decision we could have made---friendly staff made our stay a delight. The trip to Carlsbad Caverns was about an hour and a half away, but it was an easy drive. We opted to return to this La Quintana that night because hotel and staff were lovely. There is a nifty back patio with a little putting green, gas grill mini-fridge and fire pit, the entire area backing up to a golf course.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Suzi B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you so much for making the decision to stay with us on your way to Carlsbad. We are pleased to be a part of this memorable vacation. Please stop by again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Lynchburg, Tennessee
Reviewed January 13, 2014

new hotel very nice accomadations filled w/oil field workers breakfast was good fresh and tasty.
i am afraid after time the property will srart to really show considerable wear due to the type of workers who stay there.
great parking

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank artschuerger
Suzi B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We work very hard to keep the property as prestine as when we opened. I am glad you enjoyed your breakfast and accomodations.
Austin, TX
Reviewed January 9, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at the LQ in Pecos. Upon arriving later in the evening we were starving and wanted a good meal. Looking over the in- room materials we discovered that guests from the hotel could enjoy a meal at the Pecos Country Club which was walking distance from the parking lot. THis was an excellent find as we did not want fast food! We were all (6 in our party) amazed at the large selection of items on the menu. Everything we ordered was delicious, inexpensive, and to our table quickly. The décor was relaxing and elegant as well.

Our room was clean but on the small side from other hotels we have stayed in. The price seemed a bit high as well (but all the hotels in Pecos were higher than other places we have stayed). The breakfast was very nice and well presented. Upon arriving home we received a phone call (actually 1 voice message and 1 phone call from the manager Susie) stating they had found our iphone charger AND my sons wallet with $365.00 cash in it. I knew I had left my charger but my son had not discovered that his wallet was missing yet! We are so thankful for the honest employees at the hotel because we know how easy it would have been for someone to quietly tuck that cash in their pockets. Susie was so nice to mail both items priority mail to us, which we are forever grateful. We will definitely stay at LQ Pecos again if we are traveling through.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Suzi B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
We are extremely pleased that you enjoyed your time at our Pecos La Quinta. We do strive to make even the shortest trip through town a memorable one. I am glad that we were able to get your son's wallet to you quickly. As integrity is one of our core values, we would not have had it any other way. Thank you so much for taking the time to review us TripAdvisor! Hope to see you next time your out this way from Austin.
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in early Jan, while passing through heading West. The La Quinta is pretty new, and the service and accommodations were fine. The hotel is near the oilfield activities, and is busy. But it was lean and quiet, and our King-sized room was very nice and spacious. It was almost identical to the La Quinta we stayed in the night before, in fact, except for a huge price difference. I was charged 91% more ($185.28 vs $96.62, with taxes and fees). I questioned this after picking myself up when I asked while checking in. The clerk said it was due to the oilfield work, and there were a lot of guys there for sure.

Anyway the Ft Worth one I stayed in was definitely in a higher- rent area, and the bottom line is they charge that in Pecos because they can. It left a bad taste in my mouth, but there are few choices out there and I paid the price. So as for their review, it's nice but Not twice as nice, so plan accordingly and avoid being gouged.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Bob B
Suzi B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this review, January 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time on you way out west to review our La Quinta in Pecos. I am glad you appreciated our excellent service and accommodations. Our rates are in line with all hotels in this area. It is for this reason that we strive to exceed expectations in service to go along with the Golf Course backdrop and fabulous amenities.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

For a brand new hotel you wouldn't think they would have a mice issue. I was checking out at the front desk when my eye caught something scurring to the back office. I couldn't believe it and thought I was imagining things. So I thought nothing of it and sat down for some breakfast. I forgotten my sunglasses in my room and needed a key to get back in. I'm once again at the front desk, but this time I payed attention to where I thought I saw the mouse. Sure enough not one but two ran right under the door like nothing. For almost $200 a night and sold out most of the week you would think the hotel could afford to get rid of this disgusting problem.

• Stayed October 2013
Suzi B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
We apologize for this issue. With the cold weather lately and our hotel sitting on the golf course, seems those little critters have found a warm place. However, we have since gone to great lengths and expense to rid our beautiful hotel of them. We look forward to showing you that we are working hard to make sure each visit meets your expectations and our high standards.
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel is very new and well kept. They have multi room suites which is a huge plus, especially on long stays. The pool is nice, gym is a little small but has up to date equipment. Breakfast is also good here. Make reservations early as rooms go fast.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Edward Y
Suzi B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
We are very glad you had a memorable experience at our brand new La Quinta Inn & Suites in Pecos. We strive to make our property and friendly service seamless and fun. We enjoy providing the best in quality. Thank you for taking the time to rate us on TripAdvisor. See you soon!
Encinitas, California
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We stayed here because of the positive reviews. It is new and nice for a La Quinta. The best thing about the place is you can walk over to the Pecos Country Club for dinner! A four minute walk, a nice meal, and friendly service. Not much to do in Pecos but this combo created a nice evening.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Phyl145
Suzi B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us at La Quinta Inn & Suites here in Pecos. We are fortunate to be able to offer our guests the privilege of dining at the private Pecos Valley Country Club. Pecos is limited so we are glad you enjoyed our little resort. Hope to see you soon.