“Oasis in the Wilderness”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Pecos
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Very nice La Quinta. One of the best La Quinta's we've stayed in, nice view of the golf course. Hotel is relatively new and had one of the nicest dining areas. All the staff was very helpful. Room was standard for LQ but that is better that most midrange hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the golf course, not I-20.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Suzi B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2013

We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed our "Oasis in the Wilderness". What a wonderful way of puttingi it. We are grateful that you took the time to give us such raving reviews. We are proud that we sit on such a vast and beautiful golf course. We are looking forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

We had made reservations for two, accesible room approximately two months in advance of our visit on 10/14/2013. We received confirmation for an accessible room. Upon arrival we were told room was not available and they gave us a room on second floor. Both my wife and I have had knees replaced and spinal surgeries. We did not use bathtub, too difficult to get in and out, and had to use sink and door nob to raise from toilet. We had gauranteed our stay via credit card and expected LQ to honor their end of contract. We stayed only one night and checked the parking area for handicap vehicles and none were seen, except ours, during our stay. DO NOT STAY AT LQ ANYWHERE SINCE THEY DO NOT HONOR THEIR CONTRACTUAL AGREEMENTS.

Room Tip: Do not stay at LQ, others such as Hilton and Coice Hotels HONOR their contracts.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

We are so sorry for the mistake on your reservation. We were overbooked that day, and although my front desk tried to contact you, they thought that giving you a suite upgrade would be fine. It has happened on many ocasions that reservations for accessable rooms are made because we were out of other rooms that day. I deeply apologize that we upgraded your room before speaking with you. I have since taken measures to ensure that this never happens again. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this caused you.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great Hotel i love it while i was passing thru!! i travel with a Penske truck 12ft and had no problems with parking!! and the front desk was great as well. They served breakfast from 6am to 9am and that was great as well. I remember a asian woman preparing the food and was very nice in making sure u were good to go. the room was great as well and a nice view of the back of the hotel and when u see grass and mountains that is a view that u would die for. my piucs wont upload but awesome hotel and views.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Suzi B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

I am so glad that you chose La Quinta Inn & Suites in Pecos as you were pawing through. Since we are not a destination location, we strive to make your stay a great experience with the beautiful scenery, warm & welcoming staff, and exceptional breakfast. Thank you for taking time off your busy schedule to rate our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I recently stayed here for one night while on business in Pecos. This hotel is new and extremely clean. The rooms are well furnished and the beds are very comfortable. The room also had a microwave, mini fridge, and a great wide screen HD television.

The staff is very friendly and helpful and the breakfast bar is well stocked and tasty. The parking lot is well lit with lots of room for cars, large vehicles, and trailers.

The hotel is located adjacent to Interstate Highway 20, so there is some traffic noise associated with rooms on the front of the hotel. The highway noise was not a problem for me, but if you are a light sleeper you can ask for a room on the back side of the property which faces a quiet golf course.

My only negative experience was with the sporadic internet connection and the fact that several cable channels, to include the ABC network, were not available on the television in my room.

The current oil field boom in the area has driven up rates throughout the area. My one night stay was just shy of $200 with taxes.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the property should be quieter, as they face a golf course.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HotDogChamp
Suzi B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our beautiful La Quinta Inn & Suites in Pecos, TX. I am gald that you had a memorable experience with us. Yes, the oil boom in west Texas has affected hotel rates throughout the area. It is for that reason that we strive to make it worth every penny. The golf course backdrop takes you out of the Old West. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was traveling with a trailer with my truck (standard 1500 truck) and I was pleasantly surprised to see three oversize parking spaces long enough to accommodate my truck and trailer. The grounds are extremely well kept, although there's not much else immediately outside the property. You can tell this area is still building up.

The inside of the hotel definitely has that newness about it and I saw the ladies at the front counter putting effort into keeping it that way. Definitely impressed. I was traveling with two dogs and the walking path around the hotel is a great way to let them do their business and to get some of that energy out before I turned in for the evening.

My room was a nice king w/ couch. Lots of room for the dogs to set up for the night and plenty of room for me to spread out. My only complaint about the room was that I had no hot water to get ready in the morning. My breakfast made up for that problem, in my opinion. Lots of food options to choose from and the breakfast area is very aesthetically pleasing.

Other than the water issue, this was a great hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Suzi B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you so much for the great comments about our Pecos La Quinta Inn & Suites. We are pleased you had a wonderful experience. I believe the City had a Main water leak that week so for that we apologize. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast, vast walking areas for you and your dogs, and your great night sleep. We will be looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here on a driving trip because it was the best rated place in Pecos. Indeed it was new and clean, but otherwise, not much to recommend it. The sheets on the bed were so poorly fitted that they came off in the middle of the night! The AC didn't seem to be working right and the coffee at breakfast was frankly terrible. The staff was friendly but not very knowledgeable. I've certainly stayed at better hotels of this sort.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for stopping by and staying at our Hotel. Our beds are custom pillow top mattresses and some of the early purchaces sheets were a bit small. We have since replaced them with the larger ones. Hope you stop by again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here July 23, 2013. Very clean, staff very friendly. Breakfast was an absolute wonder! Great property for walking pets. Very highly recommend. At this point in our trip we were a little anxious to be home so this helped ease some of the other traveling woes.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Thomas R
Suzi B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

I am so glad that you chose to spend the last leg of your trip with us. We are honored and appreciate that we were able to make the end of your vacation a positive, an almost home experience. Thank you for taking the time to let us know you made it home safely and were a positive part of you journey home.