“Great Hotel”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Pecos
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Great Hotel i love it while i was passing thru!! i travel with a Penske truck 12ft and had no problems with parking!! and the front desk was great as well. They served breakfast from 6am to 9am and that was great as well. I remember a asian woman preparing the food and was very nice in making sure u were good to go. the room was great as well and a nice view of the back of the hotel and when u see grass and mountains that is a view that u would die for. my piucs wont upload but awesome hotel and views.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Suzi B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

I am so glad that you chose La Quinta Inn & Suites in Pecos as you were pawing through. Since we are not a destination location, we strive to make your stay a great experience with the beautiful scenery, warm & welcoming staff, and exceptional breakfast. Thank you for taking time off your busy schedule to rate our hotel. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed October 3, 2013

I recently stayed here for one night while on business in Pecos. This hotel is new and extremely clean. The rooms are well furnished and the beds are very comfortable. The room also had a microwave, mini fridge, and a great wide screen HD television.

The staff is very friendly and helpful and the breakfast bar is well stocked and tasty. The parking lot is well lit with lots of room for cars, large vehicles, and trailers.

The hotel is located adjacent to Interstate Highway 20, so there is some traffic noise associated with rooms on the front of the hotel. The highway noise was not a problem for me, but if you are a light sleeper you can ask for a room on the back side of the property which faces a quiet golf course.

My only negative experience was with the sporadic internet connection and the fact that several cable channels, to include the ABC network, were not available on the television in my room.

The current oil field boom in the area has driven up rates throughout the area. My one night stay was just shy of $200 with taxes.

Room Tip: Rooms on the back side of the property should be quieter, as they face a golf course.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank HotDogChamp
Suzi B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our beautiful La Quinta Inn & Suites in Pecos, TX. I am gald that you had a memorable experience with us. Yes, the oil boom in west Texas has affected hotel rates throughout the area. It is for that reason that we strive to make it worth every penny. The golf course backdrop takes you out of the Old West. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

I was traveling with a trailer with my truck (standard 1500 truck) and I was pleasantly surprised to see three oversize parking spaces long enough to accommodate my truck and trailer. The grounds are extremely well kept, although there's not much else immediately outside the property. You can tell this area is still building up.

The inside of the hotel definitely has that newness about it and I saw the ladies at the front counter putting effort into keeping it that way. Definitely impressed. I was traveling with two dogs and the walking path around the hotel is a great way to let them do their business and to get some of that energy out before I turned in for the evening.

My room was a nice king w/ couch. Lots of room for the dogs to set up for the night and plenty of room for me to spread out. My only complaint about the room was that I had no hot water to get ready in the morning. My breakfast made up for that problem, in my opinion. Lots of food options to choose from and the breakfast area is very aesthetically pleasing.

Other than the water issue, this was a great hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Suzi B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2013

Thank you so much for the great comments about our Pecos La Quinta Inn & Suites. We are pleased you had a wonderful experience. I believe the City had a Main water leak that week so for that we apologize. I am glad you enjoyed the breakfast, vast walking areas for you and your dogs, and your great night sleep. We will be looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed here on a driving trip because it was the best rated place in Pecos. Indeed it was new and clean, but otherwise, not much to recommend it. The sheets on the bed were so poorly fitted that they came off in the middle of the night! The AC didn't seem to be working right and the coffee at breakfast was frankly terrible. The staff was friendly but not very knowledgeable. I've certainly stayed at better hotels of this sort.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for stopping by and staying at our Hotel. Our beds are custom pillow top mattresses and some of the early purchaces sheets were a bit small. We have since replaced them with the larger ones. Hope you stop by again.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here July 23, 2013. Very clean, staff very friendly. Breakfast was an absolute wonder! Great property for walking pets. Very highly recommend. At this point in our trip we were a little anxious to be home so this helped ease some of the other traveling woes.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Thomas R
Suzi B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

I am so glad that you chose to spend the last leg of your trip with us. We are honored and appreciate that we were able to make the end of your vacation a positive, an almost home experience. Thank you for taking the time to let us know you made it home safely and were a positive part of you journey home.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

We were passing through and had a tire blow out.
We passed several hotels but La Quinta is one of our favorite places to stay no matter where we go.
From the time you drive in to the parking lot it looks great.
The scenery around the hotel was nice especially the golf course in their backyard.
The lobby and hallways are very clean and all the staff are extremely kind and make you tge main focus in their hotel.
Look no further people this is the place to stay if you are in the Pecos area.
Oh and the Breakfast was left out longer to accommodate others.
They really do focus on customer satisfaction.
Definately worth the price.
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND " LA QUINTA PECOS TX."

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank leereb
Suzi B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2013

It is very unforturnate that you had a blowout on your trip, but I am glad we could be there to make this inconvient turn of events a pleasant, even memerable one. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were just passing through on our way home from a vacation in Northern Arizona, but this may be the cleanest hotel I have ever stayed in. Everything is immaculate. Well decorated, a little small on the room size, but everything that you need! We asked for a quiet room and they put us on the 4th floor. I slept like a baby - the beds were awesome! It is a high cost area because of room demand, but if you are staying in Pecos - look no further.

The girls at the front desk were very helpful too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank bhjordan2010
Suzi B, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

I am so glad that you chose the Pecos La Quinta Inn & Suites on your way home to Northern Arizona. It is our pleasure and goal to make your travels memorable. Thank you so much for taking the time to give us the stellar review. Hope to see you again!