“Amazing new hotel in the twilight zone”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Pecos
Los Angeles, California
“Amazing new hotel in the twilight zone”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

Single female young professional traveler with one old dog. Traveled on business. One night, check in at 7pm, check out at 7am next day.

Obviously, new hotels are awesome and this was no exception. The hotel was right off the highway which made it extremely easy to find and get into. The grounds are really nice with plenty of areas to walk the dog and feel safe. Ample, well-lit parking lot.

Front desk was nice. Easy check-in but I had to ask for my Elite member gift (I really only need the water). The 'business center' are is right off the front desk near the stairwell door. Easy access. Beautiful dining room area with large TV, ample seating and their famous hot breakfast items (eggs, bacon, sausage, waffles, fruit, yogurt, etc)

Room was immaculate and I really wished I could have stayed longer. The rooms were large with plenty of lighting and nice furnishings. I love the new hotel designs and layouts. The TV was huge and hung on the wall. I had a couch and two sitting chairs in a living area type space.

Bed was normal comfortable LQ bed. Bathroom was large and well-stocked. Thick, soft towels.

I could hear the hallway noise from the doors closing but I always bring a fan to drown out noise while sleeping.

The area legitimately reminds me of a sort of twilight zone area. NO DELIVERY FOOD OF ANY KIND IN THIS TOWN! I passed a wal-mart and a dennys on the way to pick up my food from the chinese palace nearby (not the best food, my stomach is still angry with me for eating it). Just the weirdest people around and the streets were a little messed up (or my navigation was getting interference?)

I would definitely stay again but I will be bringing my own food next time.....

Bad part....the price. Ugh, I hate it when they jack the prices!

Room Tip: I had 201....gorgeous room but it did NOT have the best view. It was fine for me and the dog
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Quendallyn M
Suzi B, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Pecos, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you so much for giving us your feedback on your stay at the new Pecos ("The Twilight Zone") La Quinta. We enjoyed having you and your dog stay with us and am glad you felt safe and comfortable, as it is our goal to be a memorable experience in your travels and we wished you could have stayed longer as well. Hope to see you soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)