“You don't always get what you pay for.....”
Review of Motel 6 Pecos

Motel 6 Pecos
Ranked #17 of 17 Hotels in Pecos
Reviewed May 26, 2012 via mobile

Stopped here for one night checked rates online it said $49.99 and the Internet rate was $47.99 ended up paying $68! When I questioned the clerk about the difference her response was everything in west texas is expensive. After driving over 900 miles I forked over the cash. When I got to my room you could clearly see that this room had been broken into before. In the room there were flys, Mosquitos, and moths. The bed was uncomfortable that mixed with the shady ness of the place I got little rest. When I went to the office to check out the clerk was nowhere to be found. Finally someone stumbled out. Overall crappy overpriced hotel!

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed April 22, 2012

It is hard to get a room in this area of Texas - plan ahead! This Motel 6 costs twice as much as in other places, but when it is the only room available... Basic stuff, typical of a Motel 6.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2012

I had to stay here cause no rooms available the beds touched the AC on the wall wifi didn't work at all. No shampoo or soap. A man tried to Get in room next day they thought I was leaving the man rented room early that morning and came that evening to come in I had the security bolt on so he didn't get in, but what if I was gone during the day he could of came in and stole everything. They only said sorry to me they didn't discount the room or nothing. No breakfast available so please pay a little more like 20.00 and go to best western Swiss clock. I will never stay again
Plus Pecos sucks nothing there at all but work.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank Shannon P
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Difficult to know exactly what to say about this hotel--can't pinpoint anything especially wrong. The clerks and personnel were as friendly as could be; the shower was new and one of the best in any hotel I've stayed, the bed was fine, and the room even had a fridge, which some Motel 6's don't have. Everything was clean. But the property just didn't feel safe. Lots of in-and-out of rooms at all hours, which a previous reviewer described. Just a lot of loitering--people not merely checking in with the purpose of going to rooms and sleeping. We travel with our puppy and we're always thankful that Motel 6 accepts pets with no extra charge. Nevertheless we were happy to be able to stay there. The next-door Quality Inn, which has always been pet-friendly and our long-time choice, now has only 2 rooms available for pet guests, and these were full, so we had to seek different lodging and therefore ended up at Motel 6. Also thankful for the affordable cost at Motel 6.

Room Tip: Try to get a first-floor room if at all possible.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank elmiragegranny
Reviewed January 4, 2012

It is a typical Motel 6. The rooms were small, the bed was okay but not real comfortable. Nearby guests kept going in and out of a nearby room all night long probably some sort of all night party. Usually I stay at the Motel 6 in Odessa when coming from Dallas on my way to El Paso but decided to go a little farther this night. Next time, I will stop in Odessa. Big Difference.

Room Tip: Lots of mesquitos which surprised me for this part of the state.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2011

Do not stay at this hotel. I don't care if it's late and you are tired - keep driving! We chose it because we're new to needing to seek out pet friendly hotels for travelling with our puppy and were told Motel 6 was reliable for that. I feel like apologizing to the dog for making her stay there. Where should I start? How about with the people openly smoking pot in the parking lot, the filthy room, the bathroom vent fan that seemed to pour cigarette smoke into our room, the broken car-window glass in the parking lot suggesting numerous break-ins (after unloading everything, we parked our car in the front by the office and road and hoped it would be safe there), no place to walk the dog, no shampoo for the showers (c'mon - our $72/night can't include a 25 cent bottle of shampoo?!), and the two obscene phone calls we received at 4:30 in the morning. Luckily we were already awake because we were so creeped out by the place we couldn't sleep. It's the worst hotel I've ever stayed in.

Room Tip: choose a room at another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank JASArizona
Reviewed November 13, 2011

Place just looks dirty. Sidewalks need power washed. A truck was on blocks in front of the place for the two days we were there. Lots of long term tenants loitering in the walkways drinking beer and setting the empties on the walkways. The beds were low, lumpy, holes in the sheets and a stiff army blanket. The Internet would not work for me or any of the guests I spoke with. Desk person said he did not know anything about the Internet.

AARP discount and it was still over $70 for the wife and I.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family