“The best Hampton Inn I can ever remember staying at.”
Review of Hampton Inn Pecos

Hampton Inn Pecos
Ranked #5 of 17 Hotels in Pecos
Reviewed December 20, 2011

This place is immaculate. The room was so fresh, and the beds were like something at a 5 star big city hotel. Very comfy and made up by a pro (we left our maid a tip and so should you). After an incredibly tasty buffet breakfast (included) I became curious how this hotel is so different from so many similar places. I found out threw is a Doctor who owns it and he is very hands on and has set very high standards that the staff is proud to hold up. I understand they just received the highest rating in the area for their property. Well deserved!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank JWSnell

Reviewed October 1, 2011

We wanted to stay at the Holiday Inn but it was booked. I found this hotel on line and booked it. What a nice surprise. The hotel is brand new. The rooms were immaculate and smelled of fresh paint. The staff were excellent and the free breakfast was very good.

This room was less expensive than the Holiday Inn we wanted to stay at. We will definetly stay here again!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kathy H
Reviewed August 31, 2011

I read the previous reviews and couldn't believe it. Typically I use Tripadvisor before booking a stay. This time I was unable to do so because of a mess-up at a different hotel (See Hampton Inn Odessa). This place was great. The gentleman working the front counter was very nice & respectful. He called up to make sure my room was up to par and joked around with me as I walked out to smoke. the room was terrific. Very clean, had a fridge and nice television.

Breakfast was a pleasant surprise. Although it's the typical Hampton Inn breakfast, the woman working the area was very accomodating. I got down later in the morning and the rations were pretty much gone. She went back and made more for me, as if I was their only customer.

I will stay here again, if I'm ever back in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank jblano
Reviewed August 16, 2011

This property appears to be quite new, and indeed it is immaculately clean, fresh and comfortable.

Unfortunately, after asking if I needed a wake-up call, the front desk clerk forgot to put it into the system, causing me to oversleep. Then I found that there was no hot water in the shower. There was plenty coming from the sink, so this was obviously a plumbing problem.

No hot shower and no wake-up call? For a hotel, those are fatal errors!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank 54countries
Reviewed January 1, 2011

I am a religious Hampton Inn consumer. Our bathroom was dirty and we there was an empty pillow case on our bed. We called the front desk and they said they would send someone to clean the bathroom. She just wiped the toilet with a towel. I would not stay there again. We were going to the Carlsbad Caverns and I would stay in Carlsbad next time. Carlsbad had a lot of hotels and more restaurants. Plus side the hotel is brand new and the room was spacious with mini fridge and microwave.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed November 19, 2010

To avoid reservation misunderstandings, I called the hotel directly. When I arrived the night of my reservation (with confirmation in hand) At first the desk clerk denied that I had any reservation, further, they were all booked up I might add that I was in town to attend a funeral. The operation manager would not answer his cell phone, so I used my own cell phone to get to him. He had been there at the desk when I had called to reserve a room two days ahead. He used a trainee to enter the res. using an employee number that belonged to an ex-employee so the current desk clerk said that the person whose employee ID was used, did not even work there anymore. Also, upon entering the confirm number, it was made for the previous night. that I had requested ! !
Next I was told that I was SOL. They did however after much urging, fin a room at the Holiday Inn Express''''''''''''''I will stay there next time. Oh, my friends that had managed too get a room at Hampton Inn said that the breakfast was terrible !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank olderguy66
Reviewed October 21, 2010

When we arrived, our room (1st floor corner studio on backside of hotel) was clean, ready, and close to the pool. We asked for an extra sheet (we put sheets on the floor for the kids to play w/out getting germs), which was also ready when we arrived, and Cara was wonderful at check-in! There was a group of miners who were chatting in the lobby and hanging out in the lounge - they certainly made the hotel seem a lot safer and busier! There was a federal pen within view, a bit disconcerting, but otherwise Pecos was fine. Cara, manager when we arrived, was wonderful and solicitous. Definitely the best choice in Pecos!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family