“Nicest hotel in this tiny town,to eat in.”

Alpine Lodge Restaurant
Ranked #16 of 29 Restaurants in Pecos
Cuisines: German
Hereford,AZ
“Nicest hotel in this tiny town,to eat in.”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Good service,great salad bar,best that Pecos has to offer.

Visited July 2012

Pecos, Texas
“As far as being new and appealing...”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

.... it is the nicest place in town. But that doesn't tell the entire story.

I'm a long-term, non-resident professional working in town. I've been in EVERY restaurant including The Alpine, at least twice. I've eaten at The Alpine every week for almost two years, except during their remodel last year.

The lunch buffet is arguably the best in town: two great meat dishes and two vegetable dishes and a very good salad bar. Prices are competitive. HOWEVER.... at times.... on occasion... the service is lousy. No refills, no call backs, no pulled plates. That kind of irks me, but the quality of the food makes up for the (occasional) bad service. The owners are striving to hit on all cylinders, but sometimes it doesn't work. Friendly staff, they just seem to be short-handed routinely.

Visited June 2012
1 Thank CameraReadyCush
Chandler, Arizona
“It was good.”
Reviewed June 8, 2012 via mobile

The salad bar is good, but the meal was mediocre. The kids meals were real good, but the BBQ chicken special that I had was cold and the portion was very small. But, if you like salad, the sb is very good.

Memphis, Tennessee
“At least the rolls are good!”
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I took an order to go and didn't check it, so I was partially to blame, which is why I upgraded this from terrible. The restaurant opened over 20 minutes late and wouldn't answer the phone for me to place a to go order. Staff was just THRILLED to be there when the did open. My food was completely wrong; cubed beef instead of pork chop, and so raw it was impossible to eat. The mashed potatoes were oddly vinegary and the vegetables tasted like the can they came from. Thank God the rolls were good, as they were all I ate of the meal. Sunday nights, either here or fast food...I would pick Sonic.

Visited May 2012
Brea, California, United States
“the perfect choice”
Reviewed May 1, 2012

I like the variety on the menu! It was all delicious and very convenient. Service was great too! I'd definitely eat there again, even if I wasn't staying in town.

Visited December 2011