“the perfect choice” 5 of 5 bubbles

Alpine Lodge Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 29 Restaurants in Pecos
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Brea, California, United States
“the perfect choice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2012

I like the variety on the menu! It was all delicious and very convenient. Service was great too! I'd definitely eat there again, even if I wasn't staying in town.

Visited December 2011

Fort Worth, TX
“Nothing special”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

We stopped in for a quick breakfast while passing thru. It seemed quite busy, they had a breakfast buffet. We didn't want that much, so we ordered from the menu. Service was kinda slow. They had run short of biscuits, so they brought me only one for my biscuits and gravy order. Sauage was cool and gravy was from a mix, and not much of it. Maybe I should choose the buffet.

1 Thank John&Mickey
Fort Worth, Texas
“We left before being served!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2012

The service was so poor we left before being served. Sat at the table for 30 minutes only to be told they were short staffed. We paid for our drinks and left...... NEVER TO RETURN!

Visited July 2011
2 Thank Bianca B
“Typical diner food with a flare of European cuisine.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

Besides the pesty flies, this diner-like atmosphere provides a typical roadside meal.

Toronto, Canada
“My meal was dreadful; my husband's wasn't too bad”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

The buffet selections looked tired and old, but this place was right next to our very nice hotel (Best Western Swiss Chalet) so we figured it was easiest just to stay there for dinner. My husband ordered a hamburger, which he said was OK. After all, how bad can a hamburger be? (I take that back. A hamburger can be pretty awful. This one wasn't too bad.) I ordered "Noodles Primavera" from the menu - that is, noodles with vegetables. It was one of the worst things I've ever eaten in a restaurant. The noodles were overcooked, the few vegetables in it were soggy, and the sauce - if you can call it that - was watery. After about three bites, I sent the whole thing back to the kitchen. I don't eat hamburgers and there was absolutely nothing else that seemed remotely edible. So I was looking forward to one of the fresh cookies the hotel had available in the lobby, but when we walked back to the hotel, the cookies were all gone! That was a hungry night!

• Visited June 2011