“"middle of nowhere"”

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Pecos
Waco, United States
“"middle of nowhere"”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

As a well site geologist in the Permian Basin area, I have been very busy with no time off to travel home to Waco, Tx so my wife drove up to spend 3 nights at nearest hotel (57 mi from well site). I made reservations at the BW Swiss Chalet after checking on reviews for all hotel/motels in area. There is always a poor review or two in the mix that makes you wonder. I went by BW and made rez in person. I was impressed w/the look right away. My wife really enjoyed her 4day/3night stay and even took pictures to show her mom. I was concerned as she would stay by herself while I worked during the day for 12 hours. She was v/satisfied with everything. Our room was great, she loved the morning breakfast, the room balcony......etc.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

3 Thank Angel J

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
El Dorado Hills, California
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We got a family suite at such a reasonable price. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean and quiet. There is an indoor pool and Jacuzzi. The weather was unpredictable, sunny, hot one day and cold the next, but always windy. So the indoor pool is a plus. Also, breakfast was delicious. You have to try their Texas waffle. My husband loved the eggs. Next time we're in Pecos we're staying here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank 1ChattyKathy
Reviewed August 20, 2013

I have been working in the Pecos area a long time and have stayed at every motel Pecos has to to offer and by far this establishment is guaranteed the best stay anywhere in Pecos,Tx..These rooms are so spacious as comfortable,this is the next best thing as being in your own personnal bed.Customer service is OUTSTANDING!!.Most of all has they offer the best full breakfast buffet in town,, guaranteed..KIDS will also love this indoor swimming pool at the Chalet !! Recomend this place to anyone coming through, no regrets!!

T.Trujillo Midland,Tx

Room Tip: Great and safe place for Families to enjoy a good nights rest!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Tavotrujillo13
Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

EXtremely clean and comfortable.
Staff was extremely nice and breakfast was Hot and had a great selection for breakfast.
The cook even offered to make eggs to order...
I highly recommend the Best Western Swiss Chalet in Pecos Tx.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank leereb
Yorktown, Texas
Reviewed July 14, 2013

My group usually stays in the Swiss Clock Inn, but our reservations somehow were placed at the Swiss Chalet Inn and Suites. We were EXTREMELY impressed with the quality of this hotel. The rooms are gorgeous, very clean, and spacious. My favorite part of the room was the huge bathtub. The beds were also very comfortable and provided a good night's rest after being on the road all day. I would recommend this location to anyone passing through the area. The breakfast was wonderful as well. It's not often I leave a hotel and have absolutely no complaints, but I have nothing but good things to say about this location. I was extremely impressed!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank kschustereit
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed June 9, 2013

First, this hotel is excellent. It was built within the last 3 years and is very nicely done, both in the public areas and the hotel rooms. Obviously alot of money was put into it, with having spacious rooms, refrigerators, extra counter space, etc. The large open lobby was nice and provided a nice gathering place for the plentiful and upscale breakfast not usually seen at a BW.

On the other hand, we were surprised that the bill for one night (in what we thought would be an out of the way place along the Interstate in Western Texas) would be nearly $165 for a King bed room. We had no idea that it was a hotbead of oil activity with the oilworkers getting up and having coffee by 5:30 a.m. (and yet you couldn't hear their activity at all!)

We would definitely stay there again, but we'd be prepared for the price!

Room Tip: We were impressed at how quiet the rooms were. We didn't hear any hall activity at all.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego
Reviewed June 6, 2013

After being on the road for 9 hours stopped and checked on room rates (horrendous) and availability for myself and my dog. Was given a room and went in. Upon entering my room I noticed a sign that said "NO PETS IN THIS ROOM" I called the front desk and the clerk said that she had made a mistake and there were no rooms available for a dog. Hmmm. She told me she had credited my account. Checking my bank statement the next day I noticed they had CHARGED me twice!!!!! My wife called the hotel directly and was told that nothing could be done until the morning. Needless to say, I am traveling and the total they took out of my account was $366.10! Now, that money would certainly come in handy for travel and gas and this hotel just made a huge mistake that won't (supposedly) be rectified until another two days. It looked as if there were rooms available in the old motel where they place people with pets. Very unprofessional front desk help and they do not listen. Oh, the rate on the Swiss Clock's website is $142. I had to pay 183.05 x 2!!!!

Room Tip: Go stay at the new LaQuinta next door. Nice rooms, takes pets and less $
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo