BEST WESTERN PLUS Swiss Chalet Hotel & Suites
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Pecos
Kerrville, Texas
“AWESOME!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

I went there a few weeks ago and we checked in at 5 and the front desk clerk told us that the Alpine Restraunt was open till 9:30. So when we got our room 209 we unpacked and decided to go eat. As soon as we got there we where seated right then and there. The service was great! And also I ordered the steak wich was AMAZING!!!! It was very juicy and tender!! When we got back we decided to go to bed since when where on the road all day. When we got all prepared for bed we laid down. And let me tell you something those pillows where the softest I have ever felt. And of course the beds made us fall sound asleep. The next day we went for a swim in the hot tub and the hot tub was the perfect tempature. After that we left. I plan on staying again!! It was AWESOME!!!!!

Room Tip: rooms next to the front desk are cleaner
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank hans s

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Antioch, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We spent the night in Pecos on a road trip with our three grandsons. We were not expecting Pecos motels to be packed and expensive, but we hadn't been there since the oil-and-gas boom began in that part of the state, so we were probably lucky to find anything available.

The Swiss Chalet was a very good West Texas small-town hotel with the unexpected Swiss ambiance. The room was very clean (no bedbugs!) and gave no sign of ever having been smoked in, and the adjoining restaurant served two very good meals for three starving boys. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It will be on our list for next time we are in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I spent two weeks in Pecos Texas in business. Unfortunatly I could not find a hotel that had more then one or two nights available at. Time so was bopping around every couple of nights to a new hotel. The Swiss Chalet was fantastic. One night I got the master suite and 3 nights a room with a king. The beds are comfortable to say the least. Clean clean clean!!! The breakfast was fantastic!! The swimming pool was refreshing and the hot tub eased my bones. Did I mention the bath tub? Huge! It is more like a bathtub for 3 people. Sounds expensive? Nope. 149 a night. You pay more at the Quality in for filth. By far, the Chalet is the best hotel in West Texas. One suggestion, not a complaint, us that you ad a set if steps to get into the hot tub, for the older folks. I would give the Swiss Chalet 6 stars if I could, for making me comfortable while I was away, and for being friendly. The luxury was a bonus!

• Stayed September 2012
3 Thank Muttonboy
Springfield, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

What a great place to stay. The rooms were very large and the tub in the bathroom was huge as well. Even though the pool was indoors it was wonderful. We were able to sit outside while the kids swam in the pool. I was shocked to see such a nice place in the middle of nowhere. The beds were very comfortable and the breakfast was AWESOME. My family loved the biscuits and gravy and I had a cooked to order omelete. What a fantastic place!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
North Richland Hills, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012 via mobile

We spent one night here in the way home after a long trip and since I don't stay at BW because of the outside rooms (being a single parent, I feel safer with inside doors), so I wasn't sure what to expect. This hotel was a wonderful place to stay! Beautiful rooms, great staff and an fastastic pool and fitness center! Don't book the Swiss Clock (right next door), book the Swiss Chalet!

• Stayed July 2012