“A little overpriced, but worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Inn Pearsall

Royal Inn Pearsall
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Pearsall
Wichita, KS
“A little overpriced, but worth it”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2011

We stayed at the Royal Inn for one Saturday night in March 2011. There were six adults, a three-year-old, and a baby, on our way down to a mission trip in Mexico, and we shared two rooms. I had tried to reserve something cheaper a little farther south, but all surrounding hotels in our price range were sold out due to heavy work in the oilfields.

We rolled in from Wichita after dark, around 9:30 or 10:00. Check-in was fairly straightforward; the clerk mistakenly charged my card before I handed her my cash, but she quickly refunded the money to my card and handed me a receipt for both transactions - which is exactly what she should have done. We were avke ti back up right in front of the rooms, which was convenient since we hauled everything out of the back of our pickup, including a car-top luggage carrier.

At first, we thought it was going to be a noisy night. On one side of our rooms were some guys who had obviously been drinking, and on the other side was a family with young children. All that not to mention our own small children. To our delight, the walls must be very thick, because none of us heard a peep from any other room. I couldn't even hear my baby crying in our other room, even with only probably four feet between us and only the wall between.

The air conditioner worked great; it was a warm and humid night, but that was quickly overcome. There was plenty of floor space for luggage and the pack-and-play and all that good stuff. The sink is outside of the bathroom, which works well for a group of friends travelling together. With the curtains pulled, the room was nearly pitch-black. There wasn't much in the way of breakfast (or room to eat it), but what there was was delicious—breakfast burritos that tasted homemade.

If you're driving to Mexico, there's nowhere to stay between Cotulla and Laredo. And, if you're planning to bypass Laredo, you really have to plan ahead on lodging. I've also stayed in Dilley, but Pearsall is close enough to the border that you can leave first thing and still get to the Colombia crossing right after it opens. It's easy to find, right off I-35, and has gas stations very closeby.

Everybody in our group mentioned how surprisingly quiet the rooms were.
Everybody in our group mentioned that it was still overpriced.
If you're a light sleeper, it's worth the money.
If it's not that important to you, I recommend the Relax Inn in Dilley.

• Stayed March 2011
2 Thank wctnat

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Cypress, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2009

I spent almost two years working in Pearsall. While there I stayed in the Royal Inn almost the entire time. The proprietor Billy was the consummate host. The rooms were always clean and up to date. The room rates are fair. The wireless internet is blazing fast. In fact, one week I had a problem staying connected and Billy added an additional wireless modem in the attic over my room. What else can I say...Excellent service in a small town. I would definately recommend Royal Inn over any other motel in town.

Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
San Miguel de Allende, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2009

I've stayed here several times over the last few years. The owners have made significant strides in updating the rooms and cleaning up the place. I now look forward to staying here on my way from Mexico to Houston. It is clean, convenient, parking right in front of the room, a decent breakfast.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business