“Best Steak Bar None”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: FM 518
“Best Steak Bar None”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

The best steak in Houston. Our family has been dining at Killen's since it opened and we are looking forward to trying Ronnie's new barbecue restauraunt too. The wait staff is exceptional.

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank MAXnANGEL

Houston, Texas
“Good food, but not exceptional ~”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We visited Killen’s Steakhouse last night and it was okay; not bad at all, but not outstanding. I certainly don’t get all the rave reviews. We started with the crab cakes (very good) and French Onion soup (okay), followed by the Caesar salad and pork and black-eyed gumbo (both just okay). For dinner, we had the 16 oz. rib eye (cooked well, but flavorless), bacon wrapped scallops (presented well, but nothing outstanding), and the au gratin potatoes and mac-n-cheese (acceptable, but tasted like Stouffers.) We certainly don’t mind paying for outstanding food, but we thought that the $181.00 price tag (including tip, one Cosmo, and two glasses of wine) and the 40-minute drive from Houston wasn’t worth it.

• Visited September 2012
“Wonderful place to celebrate!”
Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

So, don't judge this restaurant by its "curb appeal.". I thought we had arrived at a saloon. One of the signs for me of impeccable service is when they change out napkins based on the color of pants/skirt that the diner has on. I hate leaving with white lint all over my black dress. But that was just the beginning of a fantastic dinner celebrating my mom's birthday. The appetizer was a great way to begin, the steaks were PERFECT, (along with the sides), and the creme brûlée bread pudding was a perfect ending!

I highly suggest Killens for a spectacular culinary experience. I can't wait to visit again!

Midland, Texas
“Always awesome”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Still awesome. Sorry we missed Ronnie, but DD's school of wine was a hoot. Dragon's Breath (or whatever it was called) dessert was fabulous. One of my favorite places to eat in the world.

• Visited August 2012
“Our new Favorite!!”
Reviewed September 12, 2012

"Wow, wow, wow", is still all I can say, after eating there 4 days ago. We are regulars, at a different Houston steakhouse, and we thought that was the best.....until stepping foot into this delightful restaurant. The service, from the Hostesses to the Manager, were all so professional and knowledgeable. The food is beyond amazing. My taste buds are still craving more. I recommend the Crab cakes for an appetizer, and the fried asparagus as a side with your entree. I had an aged Rib-eye, and it beats steaks I have had a 5 Star restaurants. It is very clean, and the atmosphere is quaint & romantic. I strongly recommend visiting Killen's, you will NOT be disappointed.

• Visited September 2012