“Bad service”

Kappa Japanese & Chinese Restaurant
Ranked #104 of 243 Restaurants in Pearland
Cuisines: Chinese, Japanese
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I love the foods they are really good but people work there is not friendly at all. They need to be more friendly

Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is one of our favorite take out places. We order the SAME thing every time. The General Tso's chicken is so delicious. The chicken is cooked to perfection with the lightest batter on the nuggets. The sauce it wonderful. We also order the "Hot Spicy Beef" (not to be confused with "Spicy Beed" - they are different). It is a nice spiced beef dish with LOTS of green and red bell peppers. Very consistent cooking as we get this about twice a month. NEVER disappointed. Oh, always get the Fried rice too - wonderful!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We decided to try this place one day when our usual sushi place was closed. I looked up the menu online and placed a takeout sushi order. We arrived at the restaurant less than 10 minutes after placing the order and our food was already ready. At this point I was actually impressed. Before leaving the restaurant however, I foolishly did not inspect the bag before leaving the restaurant. When we arrived home and opened the bag, our food was clearly not what we ordered. Apparently their online menu does not match their current restaurant menu. Nevertheless, we were hungry and the food looked edible so we decided to eat it. Neither of us could finish. The fish was noticeably not fresh and everything looked off-color. Maybe their Chinese food is great, but their sushi is some of the worst I have ever had. Next time I'll just head to Kroger.

2  Thank Ron P
Reviewed July 7, 2012

We love Kappa and visit regularly. The restaurant is small enough that you get plenty of attention. You can't go wrong ordering anything on the menu. The egg rolls, soups, tempura vegetables, and sushi are excellent. If you like all of these, then select a bento box.

The lunch specials, served 7 days a week, are a great value. My regular choice is #4: Cashew Chicken with brown rice.

Save room for dessert. The fried bananas are delicious; but my personal favorite, the green tea ice cream, is a refreshing way to end a meal.

Reviewed March 13, 2012

Finally! There actually is a good sushi place in Pearland, and that blows my mind. Food was really tasty and not stupid expensive. Service was fast and friendly. The bathrooms are a bit gross and the place has an odd smell.