“The pleasant smell got me from the beginning”

Central Texas Style Barbecue
Ranked #4 of 247 Restaurants in Pearland
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Takeout
Reviewed January 15, 2013

Looking for a place with BBQ, I looked on here for something others liked. I pulled into the parking lot and could smell the fumes from the cooker. AWESOME. When I went in the back door, no one was there to greet me so I looked for a hostess. Not here. It is cafeteria style. You grab a tray (or carryout) and proceed with your order - then find a seat in their spacious dining area. I had the pulled pork sandwich (sauce on the side), green beans, corn bread and iced tea. The sandwich was large on a regular bun and I added the sweet sauce. I was not asked what kind of sauce I wanted so assume there in only one kind. The pork was surprisingly not greasy as most others I have had in the past at other places have been. The beans were great. And the corn bread -- is there better and it was a huge piece. I would go again. And NO TIP needed.

1  Thank mysei

Reviewed January 8, 2013

My wife and I arrived late into Hobby Airport and wanted a quick bite to eat. I noticed the good reviews of Central Texas Barbecue and thought we'd give it a try. The atmosphere is great. You can tell the owners take a lot of pride in the place and in their food. The workers were also very friendly, offering to walk outside to ensure we were legally parked. (Parking was difficult when we arrived!) Luckily, we were, and we ordered our food. The sides were wonderful. We ordered 4 of them (huge servings which we didn't know until we had already ordered) and shared amongst the family. The meat was good, although not the best. Hence, my downgrade of a single star. All in all though, this place was very good and certainly a place to check out. Barbecue is very personal and you will likely give it 5 stars like so many other people have!

1  Thank OhioNole
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I have eaten barbecue all over the united states and this is hands down the best in the country. Nothing more to say you just have to try them.

1  Thank krpen71
Reviewed November 23, 2012

OMG!!! You can smell the food from a block away! The most tender, well flavored BBQ around. Line is almost always backed up with customers but it moves very fast. Very casual dining experience & very family friendly. We had a wide assortment of their BBQ'd meats and they were all delicious. The best pulled pork sandwich around! Their Banana Pudding is to die for! We always take a container home.

1  Thank 1TexasTee1
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Good food and friendly staff so many choices it is hard to decide what to get. The sweet potatoes are really good.