“Delightful deep dish pizza”

BJ's Restaurant & Brewhouse
Ranked #11 of 253 Restaurants in Pearland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Not Pizzeria Uno's...... But still good deep dish pizza. Enjoyed their cream soda. Liked the bruschetta appetizer. Service was quick and polite. Restaurant a little noises when full. Neat atmosphere and a bunch of tv's if you like having them around.....

Reviewed October 18, 2013

The brews, you'll have to judge yourself - sorry, hard to give feedback on all the options especially when that is completely dependent on your pallet, but I'm sure they have something you'll enjoy! This is NOT just a 'bar' however so do feel free to bring your kids/family/etc - large space and has always seemed family friendly during our visits.

The place itself usually doesn't have a wait except right at dinner time, but that's typical of any restaurant similar to this spot as well of course. It always seems clean and the servers have seemed fairly well trained, although often very hard to reach/slow in service but the quality is good.

The menu is MASSIVE - too big quite honestly, as any successful restaurateur would tell you. However it does lend to many options. They brag about their pizza and yes I've seen hundreds of pizzas on tables when I go so it obviously is liked. To be completely honest with you though if you go to the chain 'Pizza Hut' for lunch then to BJ's for dinner I guarantee you cannot taste/see/feel any difference at all. Their deep dish pizza is extremely greasy, top 3 greasiest (if that is a word) I've ever eaten in 30 years of loving pizza. I truly feel it is identical to Pizza Hut - which maybe you love!?

The rest of the menu lends itself to a wide assortment of foods. Great appetizers and a few can be shared because of their sizes. The flat bread pizzas (completely different from standard pizzas) are great, wings are decent but not too crispy which is my personal preference. Many chicken and fish dishes are very good here as well - I actually very much enjoy the Balsamic Glazed Chicken dinner and the mahi-mahi tacos.

There are a thousand options - you'll certainly find something you enjoy even if you have a strict diet (and they seem very accommodating of special dietary and allergy needs). Don't forget to save room for dessert!!! You'll gain some lbs but you'll leave with a smile!!
PIZOOKIE ANYBODY??? :-) YUM!!!

*I've visited 3 locations but usually visit the Pearland, TX spot - 20+ total visits in 3 years* More on the higher end of 'casual' I suppose? $$+ Rating.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This place is such a surprise. The variety and the quality of the food is amazing.

I'm not really a beer guy.....real Kentuckians drink Bourbon, right? But, I have branched out here and enjoyed everything. My two favorites: Piranha Pale Ale and the Red Apple (a hybrid, beer with apple cider).

My favorite dish so far is the Parmesan Crusted Chicken. A must!

Reviewed August 21, 2013

We have eaten here at least 20 times in the past few years. Maybe once the meal was just OK, but usually we are very happy with eating here. We are pretty picky so that's a good long term assesment - highly recommended.

Fun to go and watch the football games on the big screen, Plus they usually have Happy Hour for Food & Drinks during most games - even after 7 pm. Great pizza, salads, pastas and burgers. They make their own beer and it's very enjoyable too!

Reviewed August 13, 2013

We decided to hit BJ's bar for some drinks and dessert. I had my favorite root beer with Jameson and it was perfect. The service was also great. My only real concern was the pizookie I ordered. For the most part, it tasted great, but I got to one last spot that suddenly tasted like rancid garlic. And of course it was the last bite, so it's not easy to complain when you've already devoured 95% of the dish. Considering it's a cookie with ice cream...garlic just doesn't belong. We'll go back for drinks, but I really need to remember not to order food there. Every time we have food, something winds up not being right and/or makes me sick.