“Vow what a great hotel........!!!”

Holiday Inn Express Pearland
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Pearland
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Superb guest service and extraordinary staff and especially the manager and the sales guy were so sweet and so friendly at the guest reception.The aquarium in the lobby is amazing and beautiful. Great and well maintained hotel with everything inside the room very new, and sparkling clean. And the beds are so comfortable and relaxing.This has been the best Holiday Inn Express that i have ever seen everything perfect and in place.Very Convenient from Hobby Airport. I got much more for the price that i paid. Surely i will come back no hunting for other hotels in the area. 'SIMPLY OUTSTANDING'

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
mimibrewer, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pearland, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Dear Great Lover, What an awesome review we received from you . And how pleased we are that you loved our hotel, as well as the the guest services we have to offer here at Holiday Inn Express Pearland!! There is nothing more important to us than our guest being comfortable. And being able to come and relax in a nice clean room is refreching for all our guest. We are so glad you had the Great Experience you did and are looking forward to having you agian hopefully in the near future. Thank you from all of us here at The Holiday Inn Express Pearland!! Have a great day!!

Reviewed August 26, 2011

I stayed one night at this hotel. Upon check-in I was given a gift bag with a bottle of water and a snack. I thought it was a nice gesture. I stayed in a mini suite which was nicely appointed. It had a seating area and also a fridge & microwave in the room. The hotel appeared to be fairly new and was maintained very well. The room and hotel premises was clean, The hotel provides a free continental breakfast. It wasn't anything special, but it was nice to be able to get coffee and fruit without leaving the premises. I would definitely recommend this property. There is construction on the road in front of the hotel, but this was a minor inconvenience. The hotel is located close to a major thoroughfare. Eating establishments were also in the area.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
mimibrewer, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pearland, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2011

Dear Road Warrior, We were extremely pleased to find that your stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Express Pearland was a good one. Thank you for taking the time to to send this great review. And please do let us upon your next return to Pearland so that we can make reservations for you, and have a nice suite ready for you once more. Have a great day, from the entire staff at Holiday Inn Express Pearland Texas.

Reviewed October 20, 2010

The hotel is lovely; the staff was helpful; breakfast was very good. We arrived late and the rollaway bed was in our room and was made up. The price was right and we had a very pleasant experience. We would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Pearland-Houston area.

Carolyn Smith, Austin, TX

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
mimibrewer, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Pearland, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2010

Ms. Smith,
I want to thank you for taking your time from your day to complete this survey, and to let you know I am pleased you and your family enjoyed your stay here a The Holiday Inn Express Pearland. It is our goal to make all our guest feel as we welcome as we possible can during their visit with us here. And we are happy your stay was a pleasant one.

Reviewed May 13, 2010

I travel all year round and have never received the customer service that I did at this hotel. I was very impressed with the size of the rooms and the cleanliness of them. The aquarium they have in the front lobby is amazing. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone going to Pearland.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business

We are grateful for the opportunity to serve you , and are very happy your stay was a memorable one. The aquarium is my favorite. I do appreciate your time in filling out the survey. Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed August 19, 2009

My husband and I went August 14 to a family going away party for our grandson. Our daughter made reservations at Holiday Inn as there isn't enough room for everyone at the house plus my husband had had shoulder surgery and needed a quiet place with a king size bed. We got the king size bed but at 2:52AM all hell broke loose in the hallway on our floor. There was a party......at least 20 people roving the halls screaming and yelling. They descended to the pool at 3:15 AM (which was supposed to close at 11:00PM ) with beer coolers where they proceeded to drink and party til 4:45AM , then back to the halls of the hotel screaming and yelling until 5:30AM.. Did we call the desk clerk ? Only five or six times to a clerk who was unwilling or too inexperienced to handle the situation. We asked her to call the manager which she claimed she did but we never heard from one. After complaining the next morning our room was comped. As we spoke to the front desk manager numerous other guests spoke up and complained about the problem . Were there rooms comped ? Probably not unless they asked for it. The personnel is in very bad need of training as is the management. We spent the next night at the Best Western across the street .....not as nice but at least quiet and seemed to have a better trained staff.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple

I truly do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced during your stay during August 2009, It is our hope to have an opportunity to serve you on a future visit.

Reviewed December 3, 2008

To Whom it May Concern.

After I called directory assistance for the number to a Holiday Inn Express in Sugar Land, TX -- Holiday Inn Express booked my reservation for Pearland, TX on Aug. 30, 2008 while I was under the vivid impression I was booked for Sugar Land for Aug. 31, 2008.

When I arrived Aug. 31 at Sugar Land, the front desk clerks there said they had no reservation in my name. Why? Because I was booked at Pearland, they said.

So, I asked the front desk clerks, can you change my reservation from Pearland to Sugar Land? No, because I was booked for Aug. 30 in Pearland, where I was recorded as a no-show guest, and Pearland charged me $125.00.

I stayed at Sugar Land on Aug. 31, where I wanted to stay all along from the get-go.
I have faxed a request to Holiday Inn Express in Pearland for a $125 refund on Aug. 30 at Pearland, along with the receipt for my stay at Sugar Land on Aug. 31, as well as my cell phone records showing my calls to directory assistance, asking for a Holiday Inn Express reservation in Sugar Land. So far, no response.

It appears directory assistance gave me a wrong number while I was making reservations. I believe this miscommunication incident can be rectified easily. If so, I would recommend Holiday Inn Express to friends and neighbors.

A refund to from Holiday Inn Express Pearland will soothe my bruised feelings, even if Pearland wants to attach a token service charge. Otherwise, I cannot see making future reservations at Holiday Inn Express, anywhere, nor would I urge friends and neighbors to do so.

For the record, I enjoyed my stay at Sugar Land with no complaints.

It is not my intent to slander Holiday Inn Express. On the other hand, a little help on the matter will be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
2  Thank KidBurnet
Reviewed January 2, 2007

We checked in the hotel late (around 1am) and the room which we were checked into was not cleaned. We called the front desk and ask them to move us. They then put us on the smoking floor, which we had requested to be away from. The room which we moved to had no soap or towels. We again had to go down stairs to get them from the front desk. We asked to speak to the manger in the morning and they said he was off and would not return to property for the next 3 to 4 days. Awful service and would NOT recommend this hotel to anyone who is wanting to stay in the area.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank Jayhill