“Exactly what I was hoping for”

King's Biergarten and Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
King's Biergarten and Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 249 Restaurants in Pearland
Cuisines: Austrian, German
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: KING'S BIERGARTEN IS NATIONALLY RECOGNIZED AS THE #1 GERMAN RESTAURANT IN AMERICA AND TOP 12 BEER GARDENS IN AMERICA! King's ranges from authentic Austrian and German recipes along with modern fusion takes. Over 18 German Draft Biers, Live Music on the weekend, and a transformative atmosphere in the shape of a castle. This nationally acclaimed establishment grew from 45 seats to over 350, expanding 13 times in 5 years! Perfect for a date or for an evening out for the whole family.
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Having experienced a very dissapointing Octoberfest festival last year, I have been wanting to replace that memory ever since with something AWESOME. And I found it.

Tad bit of a drive from where we live being deep inthe heart of old Pearland, but completely worth the trip. I have had authentic german and austrian food and this was probably as close as the real thing as I have had in states. It is never identical as you remember when you eat it in the homeland of any cuisine, but very close. I enjoyed it more so for the atmosphere. We sat outside and it was a little hot being a summer Sunday in Houston, but there were plenty of fans and the walls were open.

Very fun atmosphere with a live twosome playing German folk music and polkas. A little corny at times but perfect at others. Every so often with a Ziggy Zaggy chant with everyone in the room with beers raised. Very fun. TONS of beers and a wide variety of German being served to you by servers in authentic looking German gear. The owners stand proudly in the corner greeting you and checking with tables randomly.

We had a large beer pretzel, some brats, sausages, and weiner schnitzels. The pork shank looked the best but thougt wed save that for next time.

Highlight of the afternoon was Das Boot. A 3 liter glass boot of my beer of choice. Definately need a Designated Driver for that. We were told that we need to come early especially if we are going to be coming around Oktoberfest time. Apparently it gets a little crazy. We cant wait.

Over all great beer good prices alot of fun. Even the families with kids had a blast. Dancing and singing with the live band.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I have been there several times, and all I can say is that everything that you are expecting from a German restaurant is there. The food is great, selection of beer satisfactory and original, its the real deal. They have live music, and its awesome, its not just "some band", but on contrary is great authentic German/Austrian music. All and all I highly recommend this place if you really want to have some awesome time. For the end, I want to mention that the owners are great people, and they are always there to make sure that you are taking care of, they are definitely not fake.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

We joined a few of our friends here for early dinner on sat. We had heard great things about this place & finally got a chance to try it out. We called in early & did not have to wait too long as the place was packed & there was already a bit of a line. Everyone working there was friendly, seemed to enjoy being there, & dressed in character which was great. They have a good beer selection & the food was fantastic. I'm not sure how the atmosphere is inside but we were seated on the outdoor patio & had a blast. We were a party of 6 - we ate & drank alot - although the table seemed too small for all our food & beers - it all worked out. Our server was great & constantly checking on us & changing out our dirty plates. Their live music & the atmosphere outside was fun & festive. My food favorites were the giant pretzel (flavorful & soft), the spaetzle (great stuff), sauerkraut, austrian potato salad, & red cabbage. I don't usually enjoy sauerkraut but maybe the ones that I've been eating elsewhere were way subpar because I couldn't get enough of it here - it & the schnitzel were amazing. I tried a flight of beers before settling on one that I liked. For those who can drink alot & feel adventurous, they serve beer in this giant glass cowboy boot that seems to be an enormous amount of beer to consume - I saw a couple guys order them - not sure if they finished. The parking can be tough so it may be best to get there early to get a spot. I've been in Pearland 6 yrs & always try to support the local places - this is the best restaurant that I've ever eaten at in pearland. I just wish I had heard about it sooner. This place is great for groups - The live music gives the place a great festive vibe & energy. We've been to the Hofbräuhaus in Munich & felt a little bit of nostalgia on this night. Highly recommended.

1  Thank mr.tomcat
Reviewed June 19, 2013

The food is great, the servers are friendly and the atmosphere is excellent. Come for a meal or come for a beer, but make sure you check them out. Where else can you get live German music every weekend?

Reviewed June 9, 2013

So after we have lived here for nearly 2 years we finally discovered this fantastic restaurant. We are Germans and can recommend this restaurant very much! They have great schnitzel with real potato fries and good German beer.

So guys, if you want to get a taste of Germany, you must eat here!