Holiday Inn Express Houston South - Pearland
$100
BestWestern.com
$80
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We stayed here for our son's basketball tournament. Therfore, our main goal was a nice clean hotel with comfortable beds and free breakfast.

The rooms were clean and beds comfortable. The bathroom was also clean and larger than anticipated for this type of hotel. The service was very friendly. The morning breakfast was good for the type of hotel. It had the standard food types. It was refilled regularly. The breakfast area was very comfortable and welll decorated. There was a couch and four arm chairs with a television over a fireplace.

This as a very good value. Wish our son's team would have done better!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
HotelStaff13, Front Desk at Holiday Inn Express Houston South - Pearland, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Thank you so much for your kind comments and recommendations. I am glad that you were very pleased with your stay. We appreciate your business and hope to see you next time your son plays in the area! We look forward to continuing serving you as a valued guest.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

Part of my review is for the priority club members. People who stay in a lot of Hotels expect a little more and mostly when you are in the top tier group . I am a Platinum member. When I arrived the gentleman at the front desk while efficient getting me checked in didn't even acknowledge I was a member at all. No room upgrade, bottle water or snack. I spend roughly 30 nights a year in a Holiday Inn not including other brands that I am a top tier member.

Now for the pleasure/leisure visitors. While the hotel in all fairness is nice and the rooms are like any other Holiday inn there is nothing that stands out. I will say that the Internet is rather slow for being so close to Houston. The room next to mine had the TV blaring all night and the front desk was aware for when they brought the receipt and slid under the door you could hear it all the way to elevator.
Breakfast was lacking at best. The four or five pieces of each wheat and while bread were stale. Eggs were cold, no cinnamon rolls, banana's were on the brink of being rotten. I have had better breakfast choices at lower tier hotel.
This is my second time here and I believe it will be my last. I have stayed at almost all the hotels in this vicinity to include the Sleep Inn, Springfield Suites, Courtyard and Hilton Garden Inn. The Hilton Garden Inn is probably the best and you will pay about the same as the Holiday Inn.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston South - Pearland, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear TX4Ever42,

Thank you for your review and being so detailed in the good, the bad and the opportunities to improve. Whilst I am pleased with the good comments, We truly value the negative comments as this gives us the opportunity of improving what we can offer. We will address these points and we hope when you return you will see the improvements made.

I look forward to having the opportunity to host you in the near future to allow you to experience our commitment to quality and service.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 10, 2013

Me and my boyfriend recently stayed here for a little getaway trip. I've always had great experiences at holiday inn express hotels in the past so I figured this would be no different. When we arrived we were greeted by a really nice employee at the front desk who was helpful and more friendly than most front desk clerks. Now I had booked this hotel using hiexpress.com which is the hotel Chain's personal website. I booked a king suite. When we got up to the room it was a double bed room. We had gotten their around 9pm so we were tired and didn't feel like trying to fix the situation that night because at least we had somewhere to sleep. Then I went to use the restroom and their was a golf-sized lint ball with hair included in the toilet just sitting there. That was probably the most disgusting thing I have ever experienced in a hotel. And just as a side note the carpet didn't appear to have been vacuumed at all. Now the beds were really comfortable and we did get a good night rest. The next morning I checked out and the hotel clerk asked how my stay was and I'm really not one to complain because I work in hospitality myself and understand how it is. However I felt that my stay was not up to par like it had been the numerous other times I have stayed at HI Express. I informed her about my problems and she seemed surprised but very understanding. She said they would be making adjustments to my credit card for my unpleasant stay. She said they would be in touch with me but I still haven't received a call and my credit card charge has not changed. And by the way they didn't have cinnamon rolls at breakfast! Which I always look forward to while staying at this hotel. The service was great though so I would maybe not stay at this hotel in particular again because it wasn't as clean as I would prefer and I didn't get the room I had booked but definitely with another HI express. However the price was a steal!

• Stayed: January 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Houston South - Pearland, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Ashley900812,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us. Our staff always goes out of their way to be helpful and attentive to the guests and we are glad that you enjoyed their hospitality. It was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly. We look forward to the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for Christmas while visiting my brother. It is a nice clean hotel. Seems to be relatively new. The room was nice, breakfast was good. There where not many people staying so it was almost like you had the place to yourself. We will stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

Wanted a little get away for my birthday! It was perfect! We wanted to visit both Galveston and Houston and it was easy access and had everything close by.

Service was great and the hotel was quite new and well kept! It was quiet and very clean. Would stay again!

• Stayed: November 2012