Tripadvisor

Fri, 2/21
8:00 PM
Ranked #58 of 329 Restaurants in Pearland
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First time to any Killen's restaurant and it was quite good. Service from Blake was the icing on the cake. The happy hour all day was a treat. We ordered a variety of appetizers items and shares. All tasted good. Definitely will return.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (30)

Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

This was my first time at Killens TMX. I had been wanting to try it out. Really good looking restaurant, clean bathroom.
The chips, red salsa and green sauce were all very good. I also really liked the white queso with beef fajita added. I ordered the TMX Trio Enchiladas and had them add a crispy beef taco.
The taco was delicious! The TMX Trio consists of 1 chicken, 1 cheese and 1 brisket enchilada. All three were very good. Service was great as well.

Date of visit: January 2020
Reviewed December 20, 2019 via mobile

I’ve reviewed this prior. It was great. Tonight=not great.
Our server greeted us. Then another server greeted us. And they both stepped away to discuss who would be our server.
The one who ended up being our server, was in over her head with another table. A Group of 6 adults and 2 children.
Our party of 5 ordered. And after 10 minutes, server returned to tell us that one of our orders couldn’t be made unless we ordered 3 entrees...
It was all very confusing and frustrating.
Service was bad.
Another server refilled our drinks, which we appreciated
We won’t return.
It was not great and embarrassing for us as we had bragged about how great this place was.
We won’t return.

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed December 1, 2019 via mobile

Overpriced and underwhelming

Just not very good. My wife’s $30 ++ red snapper was muddy tasting, probably had been frozen and Thawed multiple times. Waiter brought a portion of our friends’ meal then didn’t bring our meal or the rest of our friends’ food for 20 more minutes. Weird. The Tex Mex food was marginal, not at all what we were expecting considering how good the food is at Killen’s barbecue place. And extremely expensive for Tex Mex. Very disappointed, can’t recommend.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed November 29, 2019

The best part about our visit was our server. She was amazingly attentive, friendly and detail oriented. We ordered Queso to start our meal. It had an average flavor but was not hot. I figured that it was just a fluke but it didn't end there. I ordered the chicken flautas with Charro beans on the side. The flautas were mediocre in flavor and actually tasted just like every other flauta I've ever had, so nothing special there. What shocked me was yet again, my beans were barely warm. I asked the server to bring me hot ones and they were better but not hot. I gave up at this point and just ate my meal without being completely satisfied. Am I asking too much to have hot food? Come on Ronnie. You charge enough for your food. The least you can do is serve it HOT.

Date of visit: November 2019