“Fair to Middling”

Dining options: Breakfast
Houston, TX USA
“Fair to Middling”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

The food presentation was excellent and tasty. But the waiter forgot a portion of one of our meals. It seemed there was no energy there. While there were plenty of customers, the waiters seemed to be enjoying a good visit, standing in the way of people trying to get through. Since it has been a while since I visited a MiMi's Cafe it seems as if they have changed their entire menu from one of good American cooking to one that has a French twist to it. Overall just not impressed.

1 Thank 70Craig

Pearland, Texas
“First time to visit, not sure if I will be back....”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I took my niece to Mimi’s Café on a Saturday afternoon and we were seated right away. It was about 15 minutes before our waiter acknowledged us. There was plenty of wait staff buzzing and the dining room looked empty.

I watched as our waiter tended to the same tables over and over, but ignored us. The poor service we received was quite surprising.

I watched as a waitress was carrying plates kicking a utensil she dropped all the way back to the kitchen. None of her co-workers stepped in to help. When our waiter surfaced, he didn’t appear to know anything about the specials listed on the wall or the menu for that matter.

The food was mediocre, but I guess for the price we paid it was acceptable.

I’m usually pretty tolerant when dining out, but this was pretty bad. Unfortunately, my first visit to Mimi’s was not a pleasant one and I’ll probably not return.

1 Thank Aunt_Tootsie_77584
Houston, Texas
“don't waste your time”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

very disappointing, i was there when they 1st opened and thought it was just because it was new and the kinks needed to be worked out but no! it's a few years later and decided to go back and it was the same ....food was just okay service was slow to terrible. we we ignored but service people and had to get up twice to ask for things. even the manager on duty thought it was funny that a spoon was not accompanied by the soup served. she made a joke about it saying we were suppose to eat it with our hands ....not funny ! will not go back ever ! don't was your time ! there are too many other places to eat in the area !

Houston, Texas, United States
“Restaurant with New Orleans theme”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

A very relaxing spot to have lunch or dinner prices are good with a selection of salads,hamburgers and fish.Drinks from the bar are available plus after dinner or lunch coffee with your dessert.For my lunch I had strawberry,walnut,cranberry and good leaf lettuce not the cheap lettuce that comes in a ball that even bunny rabbit aren't suppose to eat.the lettuce was chopped very fine so that made the salad extra special.My husband had sweet and sour chicken on small bed of brown rice all placed in center of plate.The serving was jus enough and he said it was good and hot from the skillet and seasoned just right.Now it's time for walking and shopping.The latte was excellent.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Judy M
Opelousas, LA
“Great Family Brunch”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

My husband and I took our 2 children with their spouses and children for Sunday brunch to Mimi's. We had 6 grandchildren under the age of 7. The wait staff quickly brought out cheerios and crackers along with the usual colors and paper. They were very welcoming and the kids had a great time. The food was great and not very expensive. The trio of sparkling wine with various juices was a fun way to have different types of mimosas. We will definitely bring the whole bunch back here again.

• Visited May 2013