“Pearland Candlewood Suites was Sweet”
Review of Candlewood Suites

Candlewood Suites
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Pearland
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I want to thank the staff at Candlewood Suites in Pearland, Texas, for making my stay enjoyable, comfortable and affordable for the second time this year. In a pinch due to tough circumstances, the staff at Candlewood Suites helped me out by providing excellent service and an affordable rate.

Alpesh, the General Manager, Terrico, Natalia and the rest of the front desk staff, housekeeping and maintenance support team were courteous, understanding and professional in assisting me in my stay, according to my needs.

I thank them all again.

I would recommend this hotel.

Jim McCurdy

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed September 24, 2011

this hotel was horrible its smelll real bad the first night i got there the room was full of mold and smell badly and i couldnt breath. then i was put in another room which we had the same problem but the smell wasnt bad but there was a problem with the light by the desk {table} it spark fire from it which almost hit me in the face after that the air condition leaks water all over the floor wetting up my things and the light between the bed was pouring water out of it i got there on the 24 of july and no housekeeper came and clean my room til sept 9. then the employee brung there problems to work and there goes the neighborhood fighting and police call ever night.the manger was very rude and drinking on the job is not cool at all. then i got bit by fleas.and dont use your credit card here.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank charles w
Candlewoodpearland, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2011

I have read your review and would love to discuss our shortcomings with you. My email is candlewoodsuites.pearland@yahoo.com. I would like to make it right if possible.

Reviewed September 10, 2011

After reading good reviews I booked this hotel through the Candlewood Suites website 2 weeks before arrival for a High School Volleyball tounament. When I arrived I was told by the front dest that I had canceled my reservation. After arguing with the front desk and waiting while they waited on other customers for 25 minutes they told me that they had overbooked and they bumped me to another hotel located in Houston. I was with a group and this was a major problem for me. They refused to switch rooms with someone that had not checked in yet. It took me 30 minutes of driving around to find the hotel that they bumped me to because it was new and was not on mapquest. The next day I drove back to Candlewood Suites to check in only to be put in a room that had a horrible moldy smell. The General Manager was unapologetic about the inconvience of moving hotels and there was nothing done about the smell even though I told housekeeping. I travel extensevely and I have never experienced such rude and unprofessional management. I will never stay in a Candlewood Suites hotel again. I contacted the hotels home office and was sent a insulting response from the rude General Manager. I replied and never received a response. NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!! There are several nicer places to stay in the area. This hotel also does not serve breakfast or have computers for customers to use in the lobby. The walls are paper thin and they did not have airconditioning running in the halls upstairs even though it was 106 outside. The hallways and elevators were extreamly hot. It might be new but it does not smell like it and beware they might bump you from your room even if you have a confirmed reservation and you might have to drive to Houston for a night like I did.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank vbfbmom
Candlewoodpearland, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

We are sorry for the inconveniences that you experienced. We always want to be each stay for every guest the best it can be. If we are notified of a problem, we are happy to take care of it.
We actually do have a business center with computers that can be accessed by our guests 24 hours a day as a complimentary benefit.
We also offer breakfast through our Candlewood Cupboard which has items available for purchase like breakfast burritos, yogurt and fresh fruit! There is even a toaster and frying pan in your suite if you want to make your own eggs and toast.
The heat in Houston has been quite unreal this year. However our air conditioners do work and are refreshing.
Again, we are sorry for the inconveniences you experienced. We have addressed the issues that you had. Thank you for your candid feedback.

Reviewed July 8, 2011

The check-in experience was pleasant and the staff had my reservation at hand. All staff I had access to was professional and extremely courteous. The room was perfect and comfortable.

I will utilize this property in the future when on business or leisure.

Note: This is a brand new facility and still had the "Grand Opening" sign displayed.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Bobby S
Candlewoodpearland, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

Thank for your choosing Candlewood Suites Pearland. We are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and welcome you to stay with us again in the future. Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback, we appreciate your business.

Reviewed June 20, 2011

The staff went out of their way to do special things for my daughter and I that I will always remember. The General Manager has a heart of gold and was extremely generous to me. Natalia was a great staff and person, and very friendly to my daughter. The front desk took care of calls and requests, and the cleaning staff was great in respecting my wishes. The entire staff at the Candlewood Pearland was excellent, and I would stay there again if I have to. They also provided a crib for my daughter. I am truly grateful to these people.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Candlewoodpearland, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2011

Reviewed June 13, 2011

The entire crew from the manager to the customer service manager to the cleaning staff and maintenance staff, are all wonderful caring people. if you need something, just ask. i have had nothing but good service from this hotel and hope to in the future. Keep up the good work. i will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank waynepennington

Reviewed May 4, 2011

We just hated to leave, everyone was like they were part of our extened family.
We will be back in July and this is the best palce to be. I miss everyone.
Come see us you will love it here!! I really love Wednesday's you must come on that day or stay until that day. If you need to be in Texas for along time you should stay there, don't rent apartment you will love this place!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business