“okay hotel but didn't like beds”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston/Pearland
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Pearland
alabama
“okay hotel but didn't like beds”
Reviewed March 17, 2010

this is an okay hotel. Clean rooms, nice staff and good location for our trip. But none of us liked the Sleep-by-number beds. Also if you need a spacious room, this is not your hotel.
There is a guest laundry facility, but that part of the first floor had a faint scent of sewer.
Breakfast is available for $12.99 per person (free for kids) and it was good but expensive.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
georgia
Reviewed March 14, 2010

I stayed at this hotel with my father while he was receiving treatment at MD Anderson. We were there several weeks so we had a lot of time to experience all this hotel has to offer. All I can say is--this is one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The rooms and common areas are impeccably clean. The hotel is bright and cheery. My room overlooked the pool area which is beautiful. I also cannot say enough about the front desk staff. They always took time to greet us and were very helpful in every way. Each one of them went above and beyond to get whatever was needed to make our stay more comfortable. The service in the restaurant was also beyond expectations. Although my stay was not for business, the conference areas looked to be very well appointed and I would consider this hotel an excellent choice for a business traveler. The beds were more comfortable than my bed at home! Loved it, would stay there again!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with family
lawrenceville,ga
Reviewed January 31, 2010

I was at a downtown location and could not book a flight home after my meeting. I decided
to try out this new location and had the directions printed out and also my GPS. I spent almost an hour trying to find the location, as it is so new that it was not in my GPS . My Yahoo maps put me in the middle of a neighborhood, at the end of a cul de saq.

I made it to a Hampton Inn and went into the front desk to ask for directions. The clerk called the hotel and also printed out directions for me to follow. I headed out with the directions, only to find that the exit I was to take....was closed. More roaming for me! I called the Hilton Garden Inn and asked the clerk to stay on the line with me, which he did. I FINALLY made it.

The hotel is new and bright. I had a room on the fifth floor that was quiet and comfortable.
I ate in the lobby restaurant and while the service was somewhat slow, the food was acceptable.
I had a AAA rate of $80 plus taxes. Good for this type of hotel. The area charges a $2 per night tax on top of the local taxes. No biggy if you only stay once in a while but I spend about 80 nights per year in a hotel.

The stay was pleasant and I would recommend the hotel.

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Houston, TX
Reviewed January 19, 2010

I attended an all day seminar at the Hilton Garden Inn, the air conditioning system made so much noise that it was hard to hear the presentation and impossible to hear any questions that were submitted by the audience. If you are planning to use their meeting rooms I would definetly find another place.

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business