“FANTASTIC STAY”

Hilton Garden Inn Houston/Pearland
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Pearland
Reviewed February 7, 2012

My husband and I had the pleasure of staying at this Hotel on our wedding night. I absolutely love this HGI. Service was impeccable, check out was smooth and the room was immaculate. The Hotel has a modern feel to it, which is nice and the service couldn't have been better. The staff made sure that there was a bottle of champagne on ice and chocolate covered strawberries in the room. The bed was amazing, after a long night of dancing - getting to be with my husband in a quiet room with an incredibly comfortable bed was just what we needed. Will be staying here again!

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MEAGAN C

Reviewed January 25, 2012

As someone who travels almost 100%, I am always trying to balance the blend between room price and service quality. It seems in most places that I stay it takes an increase in room price to see an increase in service quality. However, the HGI at Pearland is an exception.

The room prices are always below comparable properties - I know because I check each time before I book a room. But the service in my opinion far exceeds what I would expect for the price paid. That's what keeps me coming back. I get better service at the HGI in Pearland than most other hotels in Houston (which includes both expensive and inexpensive hotels from several chains).

Without exception, the personal attention and service provided by the front desk manager and his team exceed that which I have experienced in any hotel. They go out of there way each day to make sure that my stay is comfortable. If an issue does arise such as maybe the bar closed too early one evening or the maid accidentally missed cleaning my room, they immediately rectify the situation. I can't ask for more than that. They even take care of some of my eccentric requests without my asking such as only foam pillows, only rooms on the back side of the hotel so I get a good 4G signal on my MiFi and addressing me as Sir Daniels of Dallas (just kidding, but everyone does address me by name, even those I just met).

If you travel a lot (and I mean a lot) and you want to feel like your hotel is your home and there are friends waiting on you to arrive, then HGI Pearland is your place.

Room Tip: If you have Clear 4G wifi service, it picks up best in the rooms on the backside of the hotel. The...
1  Thank Heatmer
PearlandHGI, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston/Pearland, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a response. We know that being away from home for an extended time can be a challenge and we do our best to make you feel welcome here at the hotel. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know. Enjoy your time here in Pearland and spend some time relaxing at Pearland Town Center – we hope to welcome you back in the weeks to come here at the Hilton Garden Inn Pearland hotel.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

We are working in Pearland and staying at the Hilton for the time being. We were elsewhere for a few months, but then we all moved here. It's quieter, and the hotel environment is very calm and relaxed. The staff is very friendly and helpful and was so great at assuring us that our things were safe in the meeting room that we used. They went out of their way to accommodate us, and that means a lot. Ms Peters, Nick, Russell and all the others are professional and make us feel at home. The eggs at breakfast are made-to-order (delicious omelets with everything in them!). There is coffee ready all day. The bar is very inviting, and several people eat dinner here. It's a little more expensive than the average places around town, but not much (a little more than Red Robin, for instance). There is so much shopping and dining here in Pearland, but I like the Hilton because it's just far enough away from all that to be quiet. The construction is nearly done on the road in front, so that's not going to be a hindrance any more. The rooms are quiet and clean, and I am satisfied. I am not that picky to begin with, but if there was anything wrong, I would say so. I love that there are patios to relax outdoors, and the pool is accessible and feels secluded enough to make it inviting. I am fully happy here. I do put my tag on the door so I can sleep in when I need to, and housekeeping respects that.

Room Tip: If you want a bathtub, get a room with 2 Queens. The King rooms have showers only.
1  Thank Elizabeth A
PearlandHGI, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston/Pearland, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2012

Elizabeth, Thank you so much for the time in reviewing the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel in Pearland. It means a lot to us to hear the great feedback and I’ve shared your comments with our team. We know that being away from home for an extended time can be a challenge and we do our best to make you feel welcome here at the hotel. If there is anything we can do to make your stay more enjoyable, please let us know. Enjoy your time here in Pearland and spend some time relaxing at Pearland Town Center – we hope to welcome you back in the weeks to come here at the Hilton Garden Inn Pearland hotel.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Pros:
*Good Food in a pinch. A bit pricey, but tasty.
*Front desk staff (Nick) and restaurant/bar staff extremely nice.
*Value is great for the price ($79).
*Good Location ONLY if you going to be in Missouri City & Pearland. Lots of shopping & restaurants nearby. There are closer HGIs to Downtown, as well as the Energy Corridor.

Cons:
*Sleep adjustable bed did not work. Knob was broken so it was stuck on "Solid As A Rock" setting.
*Cleanliness - Usually HGI is spotless. This one, not so much, especially with the filthy bathroom. The cleanliness of the room made it hard to believe this was a newer hotel.
*Don't plan on sleeping in because housekeeping comes a-knocking at 8. Even with "Do Not Disturb," they woke me up knocking on a different door and yelling "Housekeeping!"
*Freezing! Had to put the heater on 80 to warm up.
*Poorly lit parking lot. Didn't feel safe as a solo traveler.
*Internet was spotty and slow.
*Refrigerator will keep you up at night with the noise. Finally just shut it off.
*Hotel Management slow to respond.
*Protect your valuables

Overall, the stay was okay. I had to take stars away for cleanliness, comfort, and lack of responsiveness with the front office manager. I reported that I left an item in the room a couple hours after I checked out, and an associate who was staying nearby would come and pick it up. It took him several DAYS to return my calls (Plural). Of course, by then they didn't find it and he implied that I didn't leave it because his staff would never do such things. Really? Because clearly another thing that they would never do is clean the bathroom. Yes, I take full responsibility and fault for leaving it, but considering that I called a that same day and couldn't get the front office manager to call me back until 5 days later, its no wonder that it was long gone. Oh well, you live and you learn.

Even without the interaction with the front office manager, I already decided during check out that I wouldn't return, mainly because I had a far better experience at the HGI on the Katy Freeway. Service there was excellent and exceeded all expectations, the rooms were spotless (so clean I took pictures!), and the parking lot didn't make you feel like you'd be on CSI. If you have a choice between the two, choose the katy freeway (energy corridor) HGI.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
PearlandHGI, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston/Pearland, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review for our Hilton Garden Inn Pearland hotel. I have shared your comments with our team and have addressed your concerns with the appropriate departments. Pearland is a great area for dining and shopping as well as offering quick access to downtown Houston. We’d certainly like the opportunity for you to stay with us in the future here at the Hilton Garden Inn Hotel in Pearland.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

This is a new HGI hotel and a little off the beaten bath to say the least. It's located in a newly developing area and the roads were still under construction. This required extra time in the mornings to get to our appointments on time. In addition to the construction you'll need extra time if you take the toll-way which is often congested in the morning.

There were new high-end homes and strip malls under construction all around the hotel in what looks like a post-industrial area.

The lobby, rooms and grounds were clean and well kept. Food service in the American Grill was average, but there aren't many other options without driving several miles to a nearby commercial area in Pearland. There you'll find a mall and numerous local and national chains.

I found everyone at the hotel to be very friendly and helpful.

1  Thank Foo-D-GR
PearlandHGI, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston/Pearland, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our Hotel. Good news, the construction that you wrote about is finally finished! The 5 lane highway is open and traffic is flowing smoothly booth ways. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Reviewed January 11, 2012

I visit Houston for work every other week and I have stayed in many of the hotels in the area and I can say that this Hilton Garden in is the best. They all very helpful and friendly and the hotel is very clean. Just what you would expect when you are paying for a hotel this nice.

1  Thank Jason R
PearlandHGI, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Houston/Pearland, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2012

Thank you so much for your kind words. We all work very hard to ensure that our Guest have an enjoyable experience at our Hotel. We look forward to seeing you in the very near future.

Reviewed January 3, 2012

Hotel is off 288 in Pearland. Close to Buckees and lots of shopping on 518. Extremely clean and modern decor (it's a relatively new hotel). Probably 20 minutes or less to the zoo and musieum district and medical ctr area.

Room Tip: It's only 5 floors so I had the top floor that looked out to a lake (not really an excellent vie...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank intwah

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to your next visit!