“Great food at great prices” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 197 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Pasadena, Texas
“Great food at great prices”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

Huge portions, good food. But don't go in a large group--no more than six--or the service/kitchen can't handle it! Otherwise we love going here. They have a widely varied menu. Their chicken pot pie is WONDERFUL! My husband loves the fried catfish, and we both love the fish tacos, and the chicken strips. Also the salmon is great. Comfortable seating.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

“Better sevice would be nice.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Our waitress was very nice and friendly, but when we walked in the staff in the front was very weird. They happen to be flirting and playing around. Not something you want to see when you go in to eat.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Great lunch specials”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Lunch salmon is great and the price is awesome! This place is very family friendly but can be crowded at times

Visited May 2013
Texas
“Reasonable prices and reasonably good food, but service not so much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013 via mobile

We went there for a family dinner - 10 of us. There were 6 adults and 4 children 10 and under. They seated us very quickly and the table was comfortable.

The menu is varied and prices are the most reasonable we have seen on a menu in years. Many selections were $6.99 at dinner. Of course you could spend more, but if you want to eat out but not spend much, this was good.

Also, have a sweet tooth but watching the budget or calories? Well, 3 little mini-deserts for 99 cents each are offered. The kids had the chocolate trifle and liked it and I had the red velvet cake. Delicious.

Now to the service. It was friendly enough, but we had to ask several times to get things. We had to ask for tea refills. We asked for napkins that did not come until we asked again. We asked for a spoon, but had to ask again.

My granddaughter asked for ice cream with a cherry and I forgot to ask for the cherry. Someone came over to ask if our food was okay and I asked for the cherry then. He assured us he would bring it right back. Never saw him again. She is 7. Why would you tell a child you would bring something and not do it? Eventually I went to the bar and got the cherry for her.

The pace of our meal was also wrong. Salads and soup came with the meal instead of being served as a separate course.

One son ordered a rib eye medium rare. It came closer to well done. When it came properly cooked, he said it had little seasoning and was tough. When the second steak came, the baked potato was not right and they had to bring another. He finished his meal significantly later than the rest of us. Fortunately, we were there to visit with each other so did not mind a longer stay, but we would have preferred a more timely meal.

My talapia was really good and the kids liked their meals. The appetizers were good, particularly the onion rings. My husband said fried shrimp were so-so. My daughter-in-law really liked the salmon.

I would go here again because of the location, variety, and price. But some in my family would not.

• Visited April 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kerrville, Texas
“Good food good service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

We had no wait time despite the fact that the parking lot was fairly full. Our waiter appeared at our table almost immediately. I can tell you the chicken pecan salad is wonderful. My guy had the fish tacos & they were good too. We spent about $20 for the two of us. Yes, we will be back!