“Great place for any occasion!”
Review of Jimmy Changas

Jimmy Changas
Ranked #1 of 208 Restaurants in Pasadena
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Passing through on the way to Galveston. A couple of miles off the toll road but worth the trip! You think you've gotten lost and then pops up this oasis, Jimmy Changas! Wait was about 40 minutes on Friday night. Several large crowds but they can handle it. I will say I was a little nervous about the fried avocado stuffed with chicken and pico but it was DELICIOUS! Gotta love the south, we can fry anything! Would definitely return.

Reviewed July 17, 2014

Took a couple of work colleagues for lunch here. Quick service, huge Texas portions and three different dishes all of which were very good. Not haute cuisine and never will be, but decent food at a good price. Well satisfied

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Seems like all we did on our vacation was eat ! We came here with our whole family, 17 of us. THe service was excellent, never had to ask for a refill, the food really good! I had the fried avocado, Excellent. I never thought I would eat a hot avocado~ awesome. Def would go back again!

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Waited 40 minutes for a table on Friday night; figured it would be longer. Service was slow and spotty. Drinks were good, so were chips and salsa. Food was industrial Tex-mex, nothing fancy and no better or worse than say On the Border. If you order some combo plates, you get two servings: one "cold" and one "hot". Confusing if you don't know the system; we thought our order got lost.

Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

I love this place! The entrees are large, the drinks are fantastic, and the wait staff are very friendly. It seems that some restaurants attempt to save money by skimping on the portion size. When you order fajitas at this place, you get plenty. There's a little playground and waterfall in the front for the kids. I'd suggest trying to go during off peak hours or you might have to wait awhile. Perhaps Linner or Dunch?