“Excellent Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Houston/Pasadena
Ranked #2 of 21 Hotels in Pasadena
Reviewed December 21, 2012

If you are looking for a great place to say at a comparably reasonable rate then I recommend you stay at this location. You will recieve a warm greeting from the reception desk and hotel staff. The rooms are clean, internet service is great and they always offer a variety of choices for breakfast. I was most impressed with their fitness center. I am a member of Golds Gym and when I walked into that fitness I was blown away. They have the top of the line equipment. I felt like I was back home in my local Golds Gym.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
Annabelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston/Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! "We love having you here!"
Thank you on behalf of all of the staff.

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I travel a lot for work and I'm always skeptical about staying at a hotel that I've never stayed at before. I was very happy with the hotel staff and amenities. The front desk staff was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. My room was very spacious and inviting. I will definitely stay at this hotel again when in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for the very nice comments! We look forward to see you again!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

I spent almost two weeks at the Hampton Inn in SE Houston while taking a class at San Jacinto College. Let me start with the good, and say that the hotel itself is very nice. It's brand new, has plenty of parking, and good amenities. The rooms are nicely appointed, the fitness center and pool are nice, and there is a laundry room on the premises. The location is good for this area, with close proximity to shopping and lots of restaurants.

Now, the bad. Service at this hotel was awful! From the minute I walked through the door to the minute I left. I arrived for check-in, and there was no one at the front desk. I waited for several minutes, and then the young man who had been watching TV in the lobby finally finished what he was watching and came over to help me. I was staying at this hotel on the company dime, but the hotel had apparently lost the credit card authorization letter, despite my company assuring me they had faxed it over just 2 days prior. This was explained to me in a very rude manner. After getting that sorted out, I asked the front desk agent if he could make sure my Hilton HHonors number was included with my check-in so I could get credit for my stay. I did not know my HHonors number off the top of my head, but knew from experience that it could be looked up using my zip code. I was (again rudely) informed that he wouldn't be able to look it up, and unless I knew my HHonors number, I was out of luck.

Well, I finally completed my check-in process, and proceeded to the room. The room had a strange smell to it throughout my entire stay, particularly around the desk area. Bleachy-feet is how I would describe it. When it came to housekeeping, this hotel is seriously understaffed. When the room did get cleaned in a timely manner, it was just to replace towels and make up the bed. No actual cleaning got done. Over the weekend we spent there, we placed the "do not disturb" sign outside the door...which apparently actually means knock three separate times and phone the room to make sure we don't need housekeeping that day. So much for sleeping in.

The hotel offers a hot breakfast. Which is fine, if you like your oatmeal in the form of a soup. The only thing good I can say about the breakfast was they had hot coffee and good apple juice. After two days of trying to eat their breakfast, we started going to restaurants in the area instead.

And lastly, this hotel has a pest problem. I saw bugs in the room and in the lobby, and my boyfriend was bitten by a BLACK WIDOW during our stay. Luckily for us, he knew that he's not allergic, or it might have meant a trip to the emergency room conveniently located right next to the hotel.

I cannot in good faith recommend this hotel. Yes, it's nice and sparkly and new. But the front desk service was consistently rude, and housekeeping service consistently poor. I can say this though, I left a similar review with the Hampton Inn itself, and got an email back from the manager with an apology, telling me that she was taking steps to improve upon the issues I raised, and that they would be sending me a voucher for a free night at a Hilton hotel.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Annabelle D, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Houston/Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

I want to apologize for the unfortunate experience that you had at our hotel. The health and safety of our guests is of the utmost importance. We work closely with a professional pest control company to address and rectify any pest situation that might occur. We also apologize for the poor service you’ve received. We have reviewed your comments with our staff and have addressed the situation.

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed one night at the Hampton, and will stay again. Paid $89 for the night, which is high for the area of town but the hotel was super clean and nice. Best free breakfast I have ever seen in a hotel, hands down. Lot of hot item choices, everything was fresh, and the attendants were great. What I thought was pretty great, is that they have breakfast "to-go" bags made and setting at the check out desk with a muffin, apple, breakfast bar and bottled water. It was so convenient and nice. Rooms were nice, beds and pillows super soft. Everything was clean.
We will return!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Very nice, newer hotel just off the beltway in SE Houston Area. Close enough to Hobby Airport to make it convenient for travels in and out of there. The hotel has very nice rooms, clean comfortable feeling and helpful staff. Breakfast in the lobby is good with lots of choices and "to go" bags for those running late. Nice pool and good, although basic, work out area. Lots of restaurant choices in the area makes up for no food other than breakfast. I enjoyed my stay here, slept well each night and absolutely will return when in the area again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 14, 2011

The Hampton Inn in Pasadena, Texas (outside of Houston) is very nice. It is one of Hampton's new "Green" hotel where everything is supposed to be environmentally friendly from water usage to lighting. A very nice hotel, four floors of rooms (NON SMOKING HOTEL COMPLETELY). 37" flat screen televisions, microfridges in room,. nice comfortable beds. Convenient location as well (10 miles from Houston Hobby), and right off the Beltway 8 for easy N/S/E/W travel. Try this Hampton, I'm sure you will like it very much. Oh yeah, nice pool, spa and GREAT fitness room and business center for guests as well.

Room Tip: Completely non-smoking hotel... so if you're a smoker, this hotel may not be right for you.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MariaW11
Reviewed September 18, 2011

The south side of Houston does not have a lot of superior choices when it comes to hotels. This new Hampton is the exception. It is well located on the Sam Houston Parkway with lots of restaurant choices in the area. It is also an easy drive to the main business areas and major airports. I stayed at this Hampton the first week it opened and was met with paint fumes, construction tape and a bit of opening confusion (which rooms were finished and which were not) typical of a brand new hotel. That was a few months back and I wanted to give it another try. Big difference. The opening pains are long gone and the rooms are new, clean, well soundproofed and much larger than other hotels in the area and also larger than the typical Hampton. The staff greets you when you enter the hotel and are extremely helpful with restaurant recommendations, directions, or any other requests. The breakfast is good, free and well managed. The hotel has a fitness center and nice outdoor pool. Beds are very comfortable, the bathroom is large and spotless. The staff and management of this hotel have got their act together and everything works flawlessly. The price is very reasonable and a great overall value for the level of quality. This is my first choice when staying on the south side of Houston.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business