“It was fun”
Review of Southfork Ranch

Southfork Ranch
Ranked #1 of 2 things to do in Parker
More attraction details
Owner description: View memorabilia from the television series Dallas at "J.R.'s" home.
Austin, Texas, United States
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“It was fun”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had a fun time. I'm not a fan of the show like my fiancee was but it was fun to check it out and hear all the stories. They do a really nice tour and you get to wander the house and the grounds.

Visited February 2013

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“First I knew of Texas,”
Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

Well what can I say , most find it kind of cheesy to want to see this place but it was my mothers favorite show and we all had to watch it so this totally brought back some neat memories, they were even filming that day so we did get to see their trailers and such, but filming wasn't till 2pm and we had other things to move on to , but our tour guide was awesome and she was even from my home town area which I found pretty cool . She was the most knowledgeable person about the ranch and the tv show, funny and witty too, we all felt at home with her and made sure that we had a good time . The gift shops were stocked with anything u could want and had very good prices , my friend and I so enjoyed all of it and glad we finally made it a mission to stop on our way to Ft. Worth. , the way they made the show for us to see every week is amazingly complicated and will surprise you and I see how others say well it isn't as big as I thought like in the show , but that just clues u in about Hollywood ;)

1 Thank Geselle V
Leeds
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Amusing experience - a must for Dallas the series fans!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

As a huge Dallas (TV) fan this was a must when we visited Dallas (city). The driveway has the archway with the name on and sends tingles down your spine! The house itself is much smaller than you imagine. The TV series was only ever filmed outside of the house so the tour of the inside doesn't mean much but it is pretty anyway. The pool is tiny and the staff showing you around explained that on the series the pool if filmed 3 times and then joined together so it looks larger.

When you get into the house you have a small 15 minute talk from a real Texan lady - the accent is very strong and made me smile! She explained the background to the house, the original owners and how the house was chosen. All interesting and the accent adds to the interest.

Easy to find on the roads and a nice journey.

Visited December 2012
2 Thank SpinkysWorldTour
Parma, Italy
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Experience one of the most popular texas Ranch”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

The ranch, well known as the former Dallas Tv show set, offers a good tour inside a Texas ranch. Even if you are not a truly fan of the tv show, expected a 20min "Introductory lecture" about the origin of the show and the mansion house history...quite boring. The outside is much more fascinating and stunning. Huge green area, with white and black fences, stables, horses, long horns as well as other facilities make the visitor feel like a ranch-man . The initial tour inside the house, included in the tour worth a visit especially if you are very deep in Dallas Tv show, otherwise it could be skip... The entire tour costs about 10$.
Just in case you are really keen to come and see the original setting...SF is a must see!

Visited January 2013
2 Thank barbara235
Caledon, Canada
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“A step into the past of the Hit Show "Dallas"”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

While attending a conference in Dallas, I talked the crew into a tour of Southfork Ranch in Parker, TX on the North East outskirts of Dallas. The staff were not too freindly at check in & two of them were arguing with each other. I think it would be more appealing if the staff at the entrance were happier to see you. The property and self tour made up for it. After a short wagon ride we get dropped off at the main house where there is about a 15 minute presentation about the place and then you are on your own. I dont know if calling it a tour is worthy of what you get, its more an entrance fee for a mini intro & the rest is a self tour. Its a must to see at least once. After you enter, you can get your picture taken with the Dallas show theme in the picture. Look pretty & get your pic taken.
There is also a huge giftshop at the entrance.

Visited February 2012

Been to Southfork Ranch? Share your experiences!