“I wasn't horrified, but I wouldn't stay again”
Review of Motel 6 Paris

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Motel 6 Paris
Ranked #11 of 12 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I'll start by saying I didn't expect much for the price. On the other hand, I got a room (Red Roof) just south of downtown Austin with interior corridors for the same price only much better.
It's cute from the outside. Check in was easy and quick. When I got to the room, I wasn't horrified, but there's a musty odor. The furnishings are very old, that's no big deal. The blankets were stained. There's no way to keep the flooring on a place this old clean.
The bathroom was clean. The room is equipped with a small microwave oven and refrigerator, coffee pot. The television gets okay channels. There is wifi.
I'm not sorry I stayed there, but I wouldn't do it again.

Room Tip: I was on the first floor, meaning I had to listen to the people upstairs walking.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank EvylikeChevy

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Furnishings ok, Mattress mediocre, bring your own tissues. "Breakfast" is pitiful, don't bother. No soda vending, must buy drinks from office. Location is good, but the same can be said for most motels in the area. It's an aging motel with a cute facade, cheaply run. Stayed two nights, no maid service, had to go get set of towels from office.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2013

We had a very comfortable and clean room at this property. The check-in was friendly and efficient and the room was well equipped with fridge, microwave, iron and ironing board. In the morning, there was a pleasant continental breakfast available. One really good thing is that the hotel is well situated on a road leading into downtown Paris. Extremely good value for the money.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are a little quieter.
Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hilary A
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

From the outside this place looks pretty nice. DO NOT be fooled! The rooms were so disgusting! The walls were dirty, floor dirty, burn hole in the blanket, pubic hair and other black hair on the sheets, horrific smell and what seemed to be white mold on the walls that were painted over.

We were traveling home and got in a wreck so the random stranger who drove us to Paris dropped us here because it was one of the cheaper motels and since we just wrecked and didn't plan on the extra expense- we thought it would be ok. NO!!! The lady at the front desk was rude and acted like we disturbed her- she forgot to put a bra on.

We were so uncomfortable here that we didn't even get around to sitting on the bed before we walked across the street to the Ramada and rented a room there. I wouldn't even let my dogs sleep at the Victorian Inn.

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank Lyndsy_24
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We encountered excellent customer service & the room was very well appointed.....felt like being @ home. Had no bad feelings when we were asked to move to another romm because of problems with the toilet drining into the room downstairs. I even left a favorite shower wrap in the bathroom in the room we stayed & the staff got it back to me. Have stayed there twice already because of knowing that it was a good hotel from my first stay. My son lives in the area & this will be the only hotel I stay @ when visiting him.

Room Tip: having an upstairs room that are closer to ur room are helpful
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I stayed here for a single night and had no complaints. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful to make check-in fast (because it was late and I was very tired). I had no complaints about the room at all -- it was clean, decent, and comfortable. The furnishings appeared to be new, the rooms have high-speed wireless Internet which worked perfectly for me, and the room had a very large color TV. I was able to park my vehicle right in front of the room to keep an eye on it, and as a solo woman traveler I did not feel any kind of security risk at any time here. It is located near many restaurants and easy to access. The only minor annoyance is that the room air conditioning unit was rather loud. If you are looking for a budget-priced hotel that is clean and decent then I would certainly recommend this one. I will certainly stay here again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank TG64
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I was on business trip to Paris, TX and I stayed at Victorian Inns. The location of this hotel is best. all the good restaurants around it. I have read some old reviews about this hotel and I am not agree with it. I think this hotel is under new management. also this hotel is remodeled last year. I am going to stay here 3 days a week for next 6 months. This hotel offer all the amenities that all branded hotel offer. also continental breakfast is acceptable. If you want hot breakfast go to branded hotel and pay twice rate.

Room Tip: Best for travelers, business and family.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business